2015 Rule Change Discussion

Post any rule changes you would like to discuss for the 2015 league year.

Divisions?

Promoting PS players before Wednesday.

I can't even remember my position on this when we changed it (and don't care about searching), but we should allow owners to do it. The whole point of the PS is to give owners a few extra roster spots to either wait for player development or give themselves some insurance; as it stands it's just an open buffet for anyone else to take what they want (or, yes, simply drive up the price).

I know we have the DS but that's very restrictive on rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyndham View Post
    Promoting PS players before Wednesday.

I can't even remember my position on this when we changed it (and don't care about searching), but we should allow owners to do it. The whole point of the PS is to give owners a few extra roster spots to either wait for player development or give themselves some insurance; as it stands it's just an open buffet for anyone else to take what they want (or, yes, simply drive up the price).

I know we have the DS but that's very restrictive on rules.
    I'm very much against this because I don't like the idea that you have to sit by your computer on a Sunday if you want to have a chance to bid on a player that blows up or whose situation changes due to injury. I'd be fine moving the date from Wednesday to Tuesday or something like that but I don't like the idea that players can be moved while games are still going on during the week.

Counting yards and/or TD's for special teams players.

Maybe look at salary structure used in KFFL. In other words, 20% guaranteed becomes an optional bonus, instead of automatically being attached to every contract.

I think we should allow trading of up to 3 years of future picks.

Lock players at midnight Saturday or something like that. I've noticed owners are scooping up players right before kickoff after news break that the guy(s) in front of them is injured or something. It's a savvy move but simply not fair to people in different time zones (for Dre and I these moves are happening at like 2:30am). We have other rules to limit the ability of those who are online more (i.e. during a game or after a game), and this should definitely be the same as those rules.

No cap penalties for failure to assign years to waiver pickups. The player is automatically assigned one year if no years are given within 24 hours.

Not to push for a change, but Oliver's line from last night is a perfect example of what's wrong with PPR. Dude was damn near irrelevant the entire game, but puts up a decent fantasy score because of all those receptions that went nowhere (or for a loss). Of course, on the flip side, in non-PPR, you have to deal with a guy having a good-great game, not putting up a TD, and getting outscored by a mediocre talent TD vulture.

Quote Originally Posted by Xulu Bak View Post
    Not to push for a change, but Oliver's line from last night is a perfect example of what's wrong with PPR. Dude was damn near irrelevant the entire game, but puts up a decent fantasy score because of all those receptions that went nowhere (or for a loss). Of course, on the flip side, in non-PPR, you have to deal with a guy having a good-great game, not putting up a TD, and getting outscored by a mediocre talent TD vulture.
    Yeah, no scoring system is perfect. Like you said, you have similar problems in non-PPR.

I like the PPR in this league cuz none of my other league's have it, so its something different.