Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    PFT says

Under Lynch’s previous contract, he was due to make a $5 million base salary this year, plus $500,000 in per-game roster bonuses, and he could have earned another $500,000 in incentives if he had rushed for 1,500 yards. Now Lynch gets a base salary of $6 million (meaning the Seahawks effectively guaranteed the $1 million he previously would have had to earn), plus they’re taking $500,000 that he had been scheduled to get paid in 2015 and giving it to him now instead. In all, Lynch will make $6.5 million this year. And no fines
    You can't be the best unless you can beat the best

As this is almost certainly the last money he sees from this team it's a win/win.
    "I believe it is the duty of each of us to act as if the fate of the world depended on him. Admittedly, one man by himself cannot do the job. However, one man can make a difference."

Quote Originally Posted by BHF View Post
    As this is almost certainly the last money he sees from this team it's a win/win.

Agreed. Heard that Turbin and Michael were starting to look pretty sharp in camp during Lynch's absence. Gonna be interesting to see how the touches are split up come the season. Would really like to see what Michael can do against first team defenses in the preseason...
    Common sense is not so common. ~ Voltaire

We do not know what is going to happen next year with Lynch, all this stuff that he is gone after this season is just speculation.

The team is still processing information. In their grand master plan they probably have plans for both scenarios

Does Marshawn play up to his contract? will be a key question, if he is getting 1600+ yards and starts scoring 15 + TDs, it is most likely that he remains for another season.

Next is how much of the Salary cap hits of players that are getting renewed be pushed down the road. Yes Wilson is going to command huge dollars but they can structure it in away that it is cap friendly first year so we can keep Lynch and sign others.

Next is health, if Lynch gets injured, he is unlikely he will be back, but injuries to Michael or Turbin could make keeping Lynch more desirable.

Lots of information needs to be processed first

His 2015 salary is on par with what he made the last 3 years

Well said. I've been a constant believer that he will be back following a good season. Too many are focused on carries and age. There's zero sign that he's deteriorating, at all.

Pete Carroll says

Moreover, Carroll denied any front-office rift exists with the enigmatic running back that has ignited speculation the Seahawks will move on from the 28-year-old Lynch following this season.

"Somebody just started talking about that — he's under contract next year, we'd love to have him back," Carroll told USA TODAY Sports after Thursday's practice. "There's no hesitation in us saying that and there never has been.

[. . . .]

Carroll said there has been no talk of a pending separation from inside Seahawks headquarters.

"That's not coming from here. That hasn't come from here at all," Carroll said. "It's been coming from somewhere else. We would love to have him come back."

I honestly think Lynch looks the best he ever has. Not every RB falls off automatically at 28. If I were Pete/John I wouldn't even think of cutting the beast.

Frankly this whole 'pending separation scheit' is a media construct not based upon anything actually said by either party.

That said, Lynch will be 29 next season and 30 when his deal actually expires with the team. His running style exposes him to a lot of wear and tear and RBs generally fall off a cliff in terms of production at close to 30. Lynch however is different from most other RBs as he creates contact. I understand the reading between the lines by that little penis Rapoport but making up stuff is garbage and you can be sure Lynch hasn't spoken to him and the team says they haven't either (I believe Pete on this b/c of course they'd want to keep Marshawn). So this whole pending separation, the team is tired of Lynch and his antics, etc. is horse pucky and speculative rubbish based upon a belief, inter alia, the team has a cap problem next season, the RBBC comments during Lynch's holdout, and not much more. I genuinely believe it's all BS or HS. Frankly if the cap expands as most have already reported there is no problem and the team will be able to keep all the guys they actually want or need to keep or keep the guys that genuinely want to stay.

I am willing to bet there will be another Rapport instalment of the Lynch separation rumours this week. He's simply stirring up crap to sell page views. Lynch must be getting fed up up with all of this nonsense or feeling badly b/c of it. Tiresome indeed to have to listen to this drumbeat of Lynch is gone, locker room problems, Russell isn't black enough, or is too corporate.

The team has had a lot of really critical injuries and hasn't quite been able to finish as well as last season so far. This weekend for the first time since the beginning of the year 10- of the 11 defensive starters from last season will be suited up and playing again. The team just needs to get something done on O. Simply winning a few key games now will be a fine way of answering all the media created negativity.
    Last edited by jammer; 11-21-2014 at 08:34 PM.
    Seattle Seahawks, winners of SuperBowl XLVIII, what an amazing season!

Quote Originally Posted by seahawksfan837 View Post
    I honestly think Lynch looks the best he ever has. Not every RB falls off automatically at 28. If I were Pete/John I wouldn't even think of cutting the beast.
    This.

Lynch is under contract for next season. We would love to have him come back implies something has to be done to make that happen, which is a bit odd.
    "Personal foul, 69, offense. He was giving him the business."

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123