Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Shooters View Post
    Receivers look sharp. However, after Ben and Gradkowski, we could be in trouble. Bryant is big and fast with good hands. Brown is set up for av great season. Wheaton had some drops as well as great catches. Cole could be a sleeper. As a group, the WR looked sharp.
    That Landry Jones pick is turning into a real WTF. Was he gonna be gone by round six and who in the organization convinced Colbert and Tomlin to go along with the evaluation. He has shown absolutely nothing from everything I read. NFL back up QB's can be found through waivers etc, they must of been thinking that this guy could be Ben's replacement down the road or why would they have selected him in round four? I'm still scratching my head over that pick. We selected him four picks after Shamarko, could we have gotten Thomas then and saved this years third round pick?

Yeah, the L. Jones pick was a headscratcher when it happened and certainly looks no better now. Seems like he has been very inconsistent in camp and after a couple years is still locking onto his primary receivers. Evaluating QBs in terms of predicting NFL success is risky business but you have to wonder about the decision-making process that went into that one.

Although that pick appears dubious, this year will be the telling one in terms of last years draft. Bell we know about, Thomas has played well and still has at least one more year to learn SS behind Troy and Vince Williams looks like a very solid backup ILB. The keys to the draft will be how JJ and Wheaton perform this year. Justin Brown also looks like he may have been a bit of a sleeper.

Yes, Coale. I spelled it wrong.

Landry Jones actually did well Saturday showing good accuracy and some heat on his throws. Friday night this young guy taking notes and adding his commentary was dogging him in every drill. Quite annoying. To me he looked like a young QB, good arm and decent accuracy. 3rd stringer no less, no more right now.

In a drill of throwing a football into a barrel, the QBs did a decent job. Ben did not throw. He was retrieving balls and playing catch with a kid on the sideline. Todd Haley nailed 2 in a row and had 4 total in the barrel. The rookie sunk 1. Gradkowski missed the entire barrel a lot! Landry Jones hit the rim of the barrel almost with every throw and sank his last one. Accuracy issue? At least this drill he was their most accurate QB.

Not this year for your sleeper pick at WR. Apparently he was injured and has been replaced by another camp body.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2014/08...wr-james-shaw/

Heard today that up to 75% of teams will be going with some kind of quick offense. Let's hope #7 is just more proficient and we can still be ahead of the curve. The Shazier pick makes more and more sense as teams go high-tempo. I wouldn't be surprised to see Shazier and Spence on the field together with Timmons. I also think you may see more of guys like Golden in hybrid nickels and dimes as he played corner and safety at Arizona. The NFL seems to be getting closer and closer to the 3-3-5, apparently New Orleans has something real revolutionary. And the big lineman is also probably on the way out as you need guys who can run leading the way.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123