Excellent Post on Brock

I thought it was going to be a sky is falling post.

This is what I've been saying about Brock - his last two year with the Broncos count for far more education at QB than starting with a college with a crappy QB coach.

It is very nice to know about his drive for excellence -though - very nice.

Absolutely fantastic article - - thanks for posting it SS

Never before have I read an article on the NFL that hit so close to home with me in its meaning - very interesting and well done, I enjoyed it immensely

Go Brock !!
    My happiness is not the means to any end. It is the end. It is its own goal. It is its own purpose.
    ― Ayn Rand, Anthem

Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.
    ― Oscar Wilde

And by the stream there cometh up on its edge, every kind of fruit-tree whose leaf fadeth not; and its fruits hath been for food, and its leaf for medicine.

- Ezekiel 47:12

Insightful
    To live by one manís will become the cause of all menís misery---Richard Hooker

Awesome read ty George
    Pat Bowlen Best owner in sports

problem with oz is keeping him .. his friendships with the elways is IMO the only way of keeping him

The beauty of free agency is - if you want to stay you can stay and if you want to go you can go. I think gratitude should be a factor for Oz in his next contract.

The revenue forecasts for the next couple of NFL year and its impact on the team salary caps - is exploding everyone's dreams right now about how they are going to get some of that.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-an...6-932bbe49a3a8

2. Preseason games will reveal much more about Brock Osweiler. But he did a good job Friday in shaking off an interception in the first period of practice -- when David Bruton picked off an errant pass to Isaiah Burse and took it to the end zone -- and trusting his ability to complete passes into narrow windows.

This is one of the differences between Osweiler of 2014 and the previous years. There's plenty of opportunities for him to fire bullets, but he's also able to anticipate the breaks of his targets and throw to a spot. On one pass to Gerell Robinson near the left sideline, he placed a pass in his former college teammate's grasp -- and did so between two defenders.

Another standout play came when Osweiler was flushed to the left side and found Greg Wilson for a 40-yard touchdown. He functions well rolling outside of the pocket, but has usually been more accurate going to his right than his left. On this play, he moved left, located Wilson behind the defense, and fired a pass that found him in the back left corner of the end zone, outside of any defender.
    How you get your education as a QB doesn't have to come just one way - this is what I have been saying about Osweiler -he has the raw skills (even rare ability), he has the professional committment, he started 1 and 1/2 years at ASU -and now has had two years under Gase and Manning (not to mention JE). Oswieler could win 10 games this year (I think easy) with this Bronco team.

Quote Originally Posted by Mingo View Post
    http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-an...6-932bbe49a3a8

How you get your education as a QB doesn't have to come just one way - this is what I have been saying about Osweiler -he has the raw skills (even rare ability), he has the professional committment, he started 1 and 1/2 years at ASU -and now has had two years under Gase and Manning (not to mention JE). Oswieler could win 10 games this year (I think easy) with this Bronco team.
    Honestly, are guys like Curtis Painter still in the league. Manning has been in the league a longtime and it hasn't resulted in even a backup like kubiak.

I think it helps, but I don't think many of the aspects of being a qb can be taught. I think sitting and watching is probably a help to guys with that ability to start with. Favre notoriously ignored Rodgers tommy Maddox gained nothing really, it seems, from a veteran elway.

I honestly think for qbs you either can or you can't. The only thing you try not to do is ruin them by getting laid out 60 times a season ... Best example IMO is tim couch. Will forever be known as a bust, but if you go back and look at the throws and decisions he made you can't help but be impressed. Prettiest td bomb I've ever seen was a perfect 45yd touch pass over a defender with a wr full sprint and couch dropping it in the bucket just inside the end line. No way anybody should be able to do that. But shot after shot destroyed his. Shoulder and so that's why I believe opportunity/situation matters probably more than anything other than having the ability to begin with. Steve young another good example.

Denver is a great situation does oz really have the ability? My opinion has been no based on college but maybe the coaches can help him figure out how to harness his physical ability into a pro qb... And even that might not matter anymore... The league is changing to accomodate guys that aren't Brady's or mannings ... Spread offenses and the like are evolving to try and bridge the dearth of qb talent play in the league and so maybe there is another route for oz to develop but not sure we will get the chance to see that in denver.
    1st and 10 at DEN 20 (Shotgun) T.Tebow pass deep middle to D.Thomas for 80 yards, TOUCHDOWN.

Quote Originally Posted by jdlewis View Post
    Honestly, are guys like Curtis Painter still in the league. Manning has been in the league a longtime and it hasn't resulted in even a backup like kubiak.

I think it helps, but I don't think many of the aspects of being a qb can be taught. I think sitting and watching is probably a help to guys with that ability to start with. Favre notoriously ignored Rodgers tommy Maddox gained nothing really, it seems, from a veteran elway.

I honestly think for qbs you either can or you can't. The only thing you try not to do is ruin them by getting laid out 60 times a season ... Best example IMO is tim couch. Will forever be known as a bust, but if you go back and look at the throws and decisions he made you can't help but be impressed. Prettiest td bomb I've ever seen was a perfect 45yd touch pass over a defender with a wr full sprint and couch dropping it in the bucket just inside the end line. No way anybody should be able to do that. But shot after shot destroyed his. Shoulder and so that's why I believe opportunity/situation matters probably more than anything other than having the ability to begin with. Steve young another good example.

Denver is a great situation does oz really have the ability? My opinion has been no based on college but maybe the coaches can help him figure out how to harness his physical ability into a pro qb... And even that might not matter anymore... The league is changing to accomodate guys that aren't Brady's or mannings ... Spread offenses and the like are evolving to try and bridge the dearth of qb talent play in the league and so maybe there is another route for oz to develop but not sure we will get the chance to see that in denver.
    great to see your post JD
    My happiness is not the means to any end. It is the end. It is its own goal. It is its own purpose.
    ― Ayn Rand, Anthem

Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.
    ― Oscar Wilde

And by the stream there cometh up on its edge, every kind of fruit-tree whose leaf fadeth not; and its fruits hath been for food, and its leaf for medicine.

- Ezekiel 47:12

Quote Originally Posted by jdlewis View Post

I dropped a line and landed me a JDLewis response - I need to pose with my catch.

Bring back the old Jake Plummer rollout plays.

Osweiler also gets to practice - sometimes full speed - against - DeMarcus "Andre" Ware, Von Miller - Wolfe - Jackson - Williams - Knighton - Q. Smith - he has big time opportunity to learn in Denver Bronco's practice - how to manage the rush. There is no question in my mind - Osweiler could win with this team (heck littlle Timmy won 8 games with a team only half as good as this one).

The real problem is - his strengths on the field - are the opposite of Peyton Manning's. As Manning's replacement on the field the team would have to play a different kind of game to be successful on offense. I think you're better off having a guy off the bench who can make the same or similar plays as the guy he is replacing - that way the entire team doesn't have to change to compensate for the QB going down. Osweiler has a great ability to stretch the field vertically - Manning has the abiity to stretch it horizontally - and so on.

Bart Starr and Johnny Unitas are two guys who started off their careers getting cut or playing poorly, but became famous QBs. Alex Smith is another more recent late pro-starter -who made himself better.

Even bad QBs can produce winning results such as Bernie Kozar - Jim McMahon and Tim Tebow.

I love taking the opposite of the conventional wisdom argument - mainly because the conventional wisdom rarely proves true.

I love taking the road less traveled as well. But, I love being right even more.
    To live by one manís will become the cause of all menís misery---Richard Hooker