Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Another arc I really liked was the so-called Cancerverse storyline Marvel ran a few years ago. Basically in the main Marvel U, Captain Marvel succumbed to cancer and died. In this alternate timeline, the heroes decide to save Captain Marvel by any means necessary. Eventually this means killing the personification of Death in the Marvel U, which inadvertently lets the Lovecraftian Old Gods into the world. The heroes gets possessed, chaos ensues, it's all a good time. You can check it out in the Realm of Kings arc (must read the one-shot first, it sets the whole thing up) and the story concludes in the Thanos Imperative storyline.

The Defenders in the Cancerverse.

And the Avengers, known as the Revengers.

Sorry the images are so large.
    God - An imaginary friend for grown-ups.

The Watchmen, Sin City, The Walking Dead. I like the comic a lot more than the show for The Walking Dead (although the show is still enjoyable).

Also already mentioned but I enjoyed the Infinity Gauntlet series when I was a kid which was basically the marvel universe vs Thanos and the gauntlet. Was pretty cool back then, I'm not sure it will hold up today but it's worth checking out.
    Last edited by Yellowknifer; 07-22-2014 at 05:01 AM.
    "There were many ways of not burdening one's conscience, of shunning responsibility, looking away, keeping mum. When the unspeakable truth of the holocaust then became known at the end of the war, all too many of us claimed that they had not known anything about it or even suspected anything."

- Richard Von Weizsaecker

By the by, my typo in the title is killing me.
    "Offense, defense and special teams doing their job, each group have different objective and motives, but playing in harmony for each other, for the good of everyone. Wouldn't it be nice if Congress operated the same way?''

-- Giants coach Tom Coughlin, during his team's visit to the White House Friday as the president honored the Giants for winning the Super Bowl

What was Irredeemable? Was I thinking of that one instead of Invincible?
    "Offense, defense and special teams doing their job, each group have different objective and motives, but playing in harmony for each other, for the good of everyone. Wouldn't it be nice if Congress operated the same way?''

-- Giants coach Tom Coughlin, during his team's visit to the White House Friday as the president honored the Giants for winning the Super Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by Fantomex View Post
    You can get most current stuff at The Pirate Bay. Older issues, no clue since Demonoid went bust years and years ago.

Oh, and you'll need a reader. I use CDisplay on my PC, and Perfect Viewer on my Android tab / phone.
    Demon is is back up. Can't vouch for its safety yet. But it's up.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy View Post
    What was Irredeemable? Was I thinking of that one instead of Invincible?
    That's what I thought you were probably referring to.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy View Post
    Demon is is back up. Can't vouch for its safety yet. But it's up.
    Yeah, I've got an account there but haven't had much luck finding much of anything.

That's the one I was thinking of.

Try some of the 2000 AD comics. Judge Dredd among other got their start there
    As smart as the internet

We're all Bozo's on this bus.~FST

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12