Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Then I want NEM back...LOL
    Ignorance is those who disparage believers....12 They will come and shout for joy on the heights of Zion; they will rejoice in the bounty of the LORD—the grain, the new wine and the olive oil, the young of the flocks and herds. They will be like a well-watered garden, and they will sorrow no more.
    13 Then young women will dance and be glad, young men and old as well. I will turn their mourning into gladness; I will give them comfort and joy instead of sorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim in NYC View Post
    Can you say that any of those I mentioned were less steadfast in their belief systems? Come on, Cory.
    Cheesy doesn't lose his cool like the others.

^ There's plenty of all caps and name-calling evidence that indicates otherwise.
    "I will punch you." - Wounded Bear

Quote Originally Posted by thelittlecheese View Post
    Come on. You guys need me here or you would be bored out of your minds.
    Yep...QFT. You are my entertainment!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Marley View Post
    On this we agree.
    +2

Quote Originally Posted by Jim in NYC View Post
    I don't. I'd be more than happy to see a KFFL without cheesy, Walsh, or AV if it meant we'd get back Tsunami, ohnoitsagirl, and even big58, along with a whole host of others.
    I'd take them all back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cory J. Bonini View Post
    I have to say, even though I think Cheesy is in left field most of the time, I admire his steadfast commitment to his belief system and thick skin. At least you can always count on where he stands on an issue and that he won't blow his lid when others ridicule him. Commendable, in an odd way ... fitting, really.
    Yeah, Cheezy is all right in my book even if he's bat **** crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by CalgaryHawkFan View Post
    Stay classy cheese.
    +2

Quote Originally Posted by Marley View Post
    I'd like MassSkinsFan back and political Mikey.
    +2

Quote Originally Posted by TheSeyMonsta View Post
    Then I want NEM back...LOL
    I'd love NEM back in NST, but the Pats board....no thanks. You wouldn't believe the # of PM's me and Marley got from him.... that's the sole reason I had Cory give him a perm vacation...the PM's....we were getting like 4-5 a week...all long winded with a million of commas rehashing every damn thing...and it made me hate posters who engaged him because it meant more whining PM's.
    "I would not join any club that would have someone like me for a member." - Groucho Marx

Quote Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
    ^ There's plenty of all caps and name-calling evidence that indicates otherwise.
    Those are CAPS of love.
    As defined by the Official Terrorism Training For Law Enforcement:
    What Is Domestic Terrorism?
    Extreme force and violence perpetrated by
    the people government of a country, within that country,
    for the purpose of coercing its government and population public
    into modifying its behavior"

You are either with Our Constitution or you are with The Terrorists!

Government...if it leans to the left it eventually means theft. - tlc

WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE ON THE GROUND WITH THE ARMED, UNAUTHORIZED MILITIAS PATROLLING THE TEXAS BORDER

"You point your gun dead at him, right between his eyes, and you say, 'Get back across the border or you will be shot.'"

The border’s security is a point of contention between political parties, and now arch-conservative militias are recruiting members to fuel their own legally ambiguous “patrols” with a shoot-first, ask-questions-later attitude.

San Antonio Express-News reporter Kolten Parker has been covering the militias since they first popped up. We talked to Parker about reporting on a largely unpopular group that has gone under-covered due to fear of intimidation, and how that's affected his life and reporting.
    Apparently some of these militia leaders were dismissed from the US Military on "other than honorable" discharges.
    "Stop doing the wrong things. Stop promoting competition and choice as answers to the very inequality that was created by competition and choice."
    ~ Diane Ravitch, Reign of Error

Quote Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
    He'll be much better behaved once he's spent some time in the camps.
    God - An imaginary friend for grown-ups.

Quote Originally Posted by ForWhoForWhat? View Post
    Apparently some of these militia leaders were dismissed from the US Military on "other than honorable" discharges.
    I don't support an offensive militia that attempts to take the law into their own hands. Defense is one thing, but carrying out objectives in an offensive manner is no different in my opinion than attempting to usurp the government's role like it's some revolution. I don't consider any armed revolt a valid revolt when there are a number of different options are on the table for political change. Violent revolt is a 'last resort' that is only acceptable under different circumstances, ie, 2/3rds or more of the country wants a agreed upon change, but are being suppressed by force. That is not the case here.

If these guys have a grievance, there are many, many ways to air it and methods to exercise their rights to speech and even political participation. For now, we have the government that our people voted for and the government they deserve. A failing government that cannot run itself correctly and is overly armed, overly empowered and highly imbalanced among its separation of powers. We can fix it as a people, but we must educate each other on what is wrong and attempt to put politicians in power who will reverse the more disturbing trends at play.

Update on the situation in Texas: The flow of kids across the border has slowed by about half, so they think the temporary shelters closer to the border will be sufficient. However, the way the process works is that they square away the living situation first, which means that they try to get the kids to family. Once that is done, they begin the immigration proceedings. So, we won't be fostering, but Ms. Monkey will still be providing legal counsel.

Allow me to take the conspiratorial mantle from tlc for a moment. The way this went down, I really wonder if someone didn't want there to be heartwarming stories of immigrant kids being cared for by mean, redneck Dallasites. I don't think anyone wants to solve our border issues because a lot of people benefit from a broken system. Putting tiny, adorable, human faces on the problem might actually move something along.

Mind you, no one has said anything like this. We even tangentially know the guy who was spearheading everything and he said he didn't get much backlash for his plans. It's just that everything was in process and we were told to wait and see the specifics, then it's all up in smoke.
    "And if there is nothing that can so hide the face of our fellow-man as morality can, religion can hide from us as nothing else can the face of God." -- Martin Buber

"You do not like religion; we started from that assumption. But in conducting an honest battle against it, which is not completely without effort, you do not want to have fought against a shadow like the one with which we have struggled." -- Friedrich Schleiermacher

Agenda 21. bilderbergs. gold.
    "Stop doing the wrong things. Stop promoting competition and choice as answers to the very inequality that was created by competition and choice."
    ~ Diane Ravitch, Reign of Error

Bill Gates. Globalists. Big Pharma.

Fluoride! Chem trails!
    "I will punch you." - Wounded Bear

Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/08/03/op...ment-game.html

Ross Douthat uses the word "Caesarism" and then adds the phrase "crossing the Rubicon". Clever, at least for those readers who know that crossing the Rubicon was Caesar's decision to definitively defy the Roman Senate.
    APF doesn't come in screaming at others about how stupid they are. APF doesn't spam NST with the same tired topic 30 times a month. APF doesn't link to some kook in his mom's basement telling you how to, "Be afraid. Be very afraid" of the world falling down around you. And, when APF is proven wrong, he acknowledges he made a mistake and moves on, rather than harping about "sheeple."

-- Cory Bonini

Welchie summarized

Agenda 21. bilderbergs.
    Bill Gates. Globalists. Big Pharma.
    Fluoride! Chem trails!
    These are REAL problems.

Beers. Brats. Battlestar Galactica.
    These are not problems. You're buying. Bring 'em over. And forget Battlestar Galactica. Come over when the NFL season starts.

Sheesh. Do I have to lay how things are for you kids? You guys seems to know nothing about nothing.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456