Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I forgot to mention that I missed the Redskins run to their first Super Bowl, 3 weeks that really solidified them as the team Washington cares most about. We were visiting my dad in Malaysia and wasn't able to get any of the playoff games, including the famous 26-3 beat down of the Cowboys in the '72 NFC Championship Game. Hell I didn't even hear the results for 2 days after each playoff game. Got home in time to see them lose the Super Bowl to Miami.
    6 Footers For Bogey Really Suck

-I missed getting tickets to Jane's Addictions final tour for Ritual. My gf had something to do and was like "you can see them next time". The concert sold out right before they announced they were breaking up.

-I missed a chance to meet Phish. I had been working pouring beer all weekend at Watkins Glen at their fest. One of the event people liked our beer so much and could have arranged it, but we were so exhausted that we actually left during the encore on Sunday. It was one of the craziest and longest weekends of my life.

-My cousin once was given a Lamborghini to "babysit". He came over to my house in high school looking to give me a ride. My parents did not know where I was and the opportunity passed by.
    enjoy the day - my bands album

3HB = Three Heads Brewing....my brewery.

Quote Originally Posted by BigPoppaPump View Post
    -I missed a chance to meet Phish.
    Dude...that should read "Phish missed the chance to meet you."
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be."
    -Kurt Vonnegut "Mother Night"

Once upon a time a buddy got twp tickets to watch the A's and Rangers game. My buddy knowing I was a big Nolan Ryan fan was all set to take me.

The same day, I had to take my LSAT so, he took my elder brother. Nolan went on to pitch a no hitter. From time to time, my brother likes to remind me he's seen Nolan once
    As smart as the internet

We're all Bozo's on this bus.~FST

Quote Originally Posted by Grimjack View Post
    Once upon a time a buddy got twp tickets to watch the A's and Rangers game. My buddy knowing I was a big Nolan Ryan fan was all set to take me.

The same day, I had to take my LSAT so, he took my elder brother. Nolan went on to pitch a no hitter. From time to time, my brother likes to remind me he's seen Nolan once

I missed a math class in college to see Nolan Ryan break the strikeout record against the Expos in Montreal.

I should point out that Steve Carlton broke the record shortly after that and it went back forth for a couple of weeks till Nolan flew by him.
    “Here’s to alcohol: the cause of, and solution to, all of life’s problems.”

Quote Originally Posted by Hyped View Post
    - I missed the 2011 NFL season opener between the Saints/Packers because we had a black out here in San Diego. It was a great game as well.
    Haha. My brother and I watched it after he ran an extension cord from his running SUV into the house. He bought a generator the next day, I believe.

I missed the first 30 minutes of this year's Super Bowl, sort of, because I had paused something in the pregame show and rewound the DVR to watch it ... I forgot to FF through commercials to catch up to the live feed. I heard the neighbors cheering and realized my mistake, so I watched it during the commercials.

Nice. Can be a great thing watching sports history being made.
    As smart as the internet

We're all Bozo's on this bus.~FST

On the hook-up side of things, the one that I really regret is during my senior year of college I found out on like the last night before graduating that a Hooter's waitress who was in one of my classes had a crush on my all year. She was a very cute 5'1" blonde with...well you get the idea based upon her employer. Anyway we fooled around the night before graudation, butit was definately information that could have been of more use to me earlier in the year.

As far as girls go though, I was much more of a Wade Boggs type hitter in college (tons of doubles) than a Mark McGwire (stictly home runs).
    Last edited by Fandango; 07-22-2014 at 08:04 PM.
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be."
    -Kurt Vonnegut "Mother Night"

I missed the USA-Algeria game in the 2010 World Cup because Norwegian Cruise Lines were a bunch of a-holes.

My (newly-pregnant) wife and I went on an Alaska cruise with my in-laws and my brother-in-law and his wife in the middle of the World Cup. Between her being pregnant, early port times, resetting biological clocks, etc, we weren't staying out late very often on the trip. But I'm thinking, "Hey, this is great. I can wake up before 6, watch some World Cup action (the boat had ESPN/ESPN2) and then start my day." So one morning, I wake up to watch Spain-whoever, turn on the TV and...static. I head down to the front desk and ask what's going on and I'm told, "Oh, we didn't pay for the right to broadcast the World Cup on the ship."

I'm floored. And I'm pissed that I'm going to miss the final US group stage game a couple days later. Then I look, and we're docking at our port the day of US-Algeria at like 4 AM, which would allow me to watch the second half of the game. So my wife and I plan to get off the boat right at 4, bring our laptop, and find somewhere with a TV or free wifi. We get off the boat to a town that's maybe 6 blocks by 4 blocks. The bars are all closed. We go to the visitor's bureau and ask for somewhere with free wifi, and they say nothing that's open.

Finally, defeated, we wander into a diner for breakfast. Then I get a text from a good friend that just says "OMG". So I give in, and ask him for the story since I couldn't find a way to see it. He proceeded to send me a full-game recap across like 4-5 texts, but I was only receiving a text every 10 minutes or so, so it was kind of suspenseful in the end.

I also missed the Ghana game (we were at sea that day and f*** if I was going to pay their highway robbery rates to connect to the internet on the ship to watch a sh*tty illicit feed of the game).

Couple follow-up points:
    - One of my bosses took a Royal Caribbean Alaska cruise during the same time-frame. They had the World Cup games on-board.
    - I partially forgave Norwegian when we took a cruise to Bermuda last fall. Seattle-Arizona was the Thursday night game while we were on the ship, and they did show that.
    "Personal foul, 69, offense. He was giving him the business."

Back in '97 or '98 I came home from a date one night to string of increasingly frantic answering machine messages from a friend of mine who was hanging out a local dive bar. Neil Young and Pearl Jam had just wandered in and were jamming with the local house band. If only cell phones were more common a decade earlier.
    "I believe it is the duty of each of us to act as if the fate of the world depended on him. Admittedly, one man by himself cannot do the job. However, one man can make a difference."

Quote Originally Posted by Cory J. Bonini View Post
    Haha. My brother and I watched it after he ran an extension cord from his running SUV into the house. He bought a generator the next day, I believe.

I missed the first 30 minutes of this year's Super Bowl, sort of, because I had paused something in the pregame show and rewound the DVR to watch it ... I forgot to FF through commercials to catch up to the live feed. I heard the neighbors cheering and realized my mistake, so I watched it during the commercials.
    The next day I found out the blackout was caused by a mere human error somewhere in Arizona.....pissed me off to no end. I mean I waited all off-season for the 1st game...

At least, it wasn't Sunday in week 1 when the Pats were playing...I'd have gone postal...
    "I would not join any club that would have someone like me for a member." - Groucho Marx

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123