Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Vernon Davis is in camp. Off to a good start I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky Roma View Post
    Vernon Davis is in camp. Off to a good start I suppose.
    what about boone?

Quote Originally Posted by Niner Empire View Post
    what about boone?
    Looks like a no-show.

Quote Originally Posted by Yellowknifer View Post
    I think folks underrate Boone a lot. He'd be starting LT on most teams. But whatever. We'll see how it unfolds.
    I think you're overrating him personally. He filled in well at LT, but he wasn't there very long so to assume he could start on most teams is a big leap. He didn't have a great year at RG either. He was rated 40th by Pro Football focus. He had a better case after 2012. Bottom line is the Niners won't pay big money to an OG imo and if they did it would be to Iupati before Boone. If he's wanting a top of the market deal he isn't getting it in SF. If he's willing to be paid middle of the pack money, they may negotiate an extension.
    Last edited by LASam; Yesterday at 06:17 PM.

To be fair to Boone, We got crap from the center position and Davis's game wasn't up to his previous years play either.

I though he did very well filling in for Staley.
    As smart as the internet

We're all Bozo's on this bus.~FST

Quote Originally Posted by LASam View Post
    I think you're overrating him personally. He filled in well at LT, but he wasn't there very long so to assume he could start on most teams is a big leap. He didn't have a great year at RG either. He was rated 40th by Pro Football focus. He had a better case after 2012. Bottom line is the Niners won't pay big money to an OG imo and if they did it would be to Iupati before Boone. If he's wanting a top of the market deal he isn't getting it in SF. If he's willing to be paid middle of the pack money, they may negotiate an extension.
    I'm not at all. PFF's ratings really are only somewhat useful for line play. Anthony Davis played quite badly and Goodwin wasn't much better. He shut Robert Quinn down completely and PFF said he was the 2nd best player in the league last year.

He'd not only start for most teams at LT he'd be an elite tackle. The guy is like 6'8 and isn't even suited to playing guard, yet he is awesome at the position.
    "There were many ways of not burdening one's conscience, of shunning responsibility, looking away, keeping mum. When the unspeakable truth of the holocaust then became known at the end of the war, all too many of us claimed that they had not known anything about it or even suspected anything."

- Richard Von Weizsaecker

Quote Originally Posted by Yellowknifer View Post
    I'm not at all. PFF's ratings really are only somewhat useful for line play. Anthony Davis played quite badly and Goodwin wasn't much better. He shut Robert Quinn down completely and PFF said he was the 2nd best player in the league last year.

He'd not only start for most teams at LT he'd be an elite tackle. The guy is like 6'8 and isn't even suited to playing guard, yet he is awesome at the position.
    He wasn't awesome last year. Kaps crazy run against Seattle was made out of necessity because Boone whiffed his block.

I like the guy well enough but I don't buy he'd be an elite LT. He'd be solid enough but nothing special.

I'd like him back but he's not a must resign.
    The stand your ground law is like bleach. It works miracles for whites but it'll ruin your colors.

Boone was just ok last year after what I thought was a stellar year in 2012. Both sides seem entrenched at this point, but clearly the Niners are in a better position than Boone. The worst part of it all was knowing when Iupati went out, the guy to come in was Adam Snyder....and I think we can all agree that this is simply not a good option if #75 isn't around.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12