Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I know more than I ever wanted to about Warren G Harding thanks to John Oliver (yeah, yeah, he's slightly after McKinley...)
    If the majority distributes among itself the things of a minority, it is evident that it will destroy the city. --Aristotle
    If we did all the things we are capable of, we would literally astound ourselves. - Thomas Edison

Quote Originally Posted by flyerhawk View Post
    I look forward to hearing how this wasn't the right way to do the tax cuts or how some other factor prevented them from doing what they should have done.
    I look forward to hearing how this is proof this approach doesn't work on a bigger scale because of this one specific instnace, even though any comarable Blue state failings are solely one-offs and/or were Bush's fault.
    If the majority distributes among itself the things of a minority, it is evident that it will destroy the city. --Aristotle
    If we did all the things we are capable of, we would literally astound ourselves. - Thomas Edison

Quote Originally Posted by Vin Lombardi View Post
    I look forward to hearing how this is proof this approach doesn't work on a bigger scale because of this one specific instnace, even though any comarable Blue state failings are solely one-offs and/or were Bush's fault.
    It means Brownback's approach doesn't work. That doesn't mean that tax cuts can't work in all situations.

Not sure what Bush has to do with this.
    The trouble with the world today is the intelligent people are full of doubt and the dumb people are full of confidence - Charles Bukowski

James Buchanan was a really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really bad cracker.
    That the world is explicable is miraculous, and so explanations need not be the undoing of miracles.

We never learn anything, never in the world, and in spite of all the history books written. Thereís a regular warehouse of fine suggestions, and if weíre not better it isnít because there arenít plenty of marvelous and true ideas to draw on, but because our vanity weighs more than all of them put together.

B-. But if you spell his last name right, I can bump your grade.
    The consistent factor of all of your dissatisfying relationships and failures is you.

R.W. 09.21.10 I love you.

Quote Originally Posted by Superbelt View Post
    B-. But if you spell his last name right, I can bump your grade.
    Dammit. I caught that as soon as I posted it, and corrected it quickly enough to keep the editing flag from appearing, but you got me.
    That the world is explicable is miraculous, and so explanations need not be the undoing of miracles.

We never learn anything, never in the world, and in spite of all the history books written. Thereís a regular warehouse of fine suggestions, and if weíre not better it isnít because there arenít plenty of marvelous and true ideas to draw on, but because our vanity weighs more than all of them put together.

Quote Originally Posted by Vin Lombardi View Post
    I know more than I ever wanted to about Warren G Harding thanks to John Oliver (yeah, yeah, he's slightly after McKinley...)
    That was a funny bit....
    "What's so funny about peace , love and understanding?" - Elvis Costello

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123