Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Leftovers

Quote Originally Posted by Big Pink Monkey View Post
    I didn't mean to attack you. It's just one of my current pet peeves. We get five different threads about same-sex marriage, all saying the same thing, and then one massive thread on everything else. It's silly. Aggregating tangentially related content into one thread does not make it more available or foster good discussion.
    Its all good, homey. I shouldn't have tried to play the "Where certain topics need to go on KFFL." boss.
    I'm your mama, I'm your daddy
    I'm that nigga in the alley
    I'm your doctor when in need
    Want some coke, have some weed
    You know me, I'm your friend
    Your main boy, thick and thin

I'm your pusherman
    I'm your pusherman

Ain't I clean, bad machine
    Super cool, super mean
    Dealin' good for the Man,
    Superfly, here I stand
    Secret stash, heavy bread
    Baddest bitches in the bed

I'm your pusherman
    I'm your pusherman
    I'm your pusherman

I haven't read any of the books. I have to read so much for work that I don't really read for fun. I'd rather watch TV or play a game. Gets my mind off all the reading I have to do. :)
    Oh... Me too! Watching the movie Election is probably the closest I'll ever get to reading the book.

Little Children was very good but a hard/sad film to watch. Well except for the obligatory scenes of Kate Winslet getting naked.

Your wife had it wrong last night.
    Let me guess. You ended up talking about same sex marriage?

Supposedly the Leftovers show has already departed significantly from the book, and the show seems to be promising some answers that the book never gave.
    If the majority distributes among itself the things of a minority, it is evident that it will destroy the city. --Aristotle
    If we did all the things we are capable of, we would literally astound ourselves. - Thomas Edison

I continue to be 'whelmed' by this show. The latest episode shows a bit of promise, but I am not positive if this one will remain in my rotation much longer.

Quote Originally Posted by griz View Post
    I continue to be 'whelmed' by this show. The latest episode shows a bit of promise, but I am not positive if this one will remain in my rotation much longer.
    Heh. "Whelmed." Did you get that from Robin on Young Justice or somewhere else? First time I ever heard it was from Robin on Young Justice.

Freeze: The Boy Wonder. The Bat sent you to drag me off to prison. Frankly, I'm underwhelmed.
    Robin: Great, but I'm kinda in a hurry here.
    Freeze: Kids. Always in such a rush. I prefer to preserve these moments... forever.
    Robin: I'm not talking to you.

Kid Flash: Have all four sidekicks ever been in the same place at the same time?
    Speedy: Donít call us sidekicks. Not after today.
    Kid Flash: First time at the Hall. Iím a little overwhelmed.
    Robin: You're overwhelmed, Freeze was underwhelmed. Why isn't anyone just whelmed?
    [They enter the Hall]
    Robin: Oh, maybe thatís why.
    I'm your mama, I'm your daddy
    I'm that nigga in the alley
    I'm your doctor when in need
    Want some coke, have some weed
    You know me, I'm your friend
    Your main boy, thick and thin

I'm your pusherman
    I'm your pusherman

Ain't I clean, bad machine
    Super cool, super mean
    Dealin' good for the Man,
    Superfly, here I stand
    Secret stash, heavy bread
    Baddest bitches in the bed

I'm your pusherman
    I'm your pusherman
    I'm your pusherman

Quote Originally Posted by Vin Lombardi View Post
    Supposedly the Leftovers show has already departed significantly from the book, and the show seems to be promising some answers that the book never gave.
    He said in the interview that it allowed him to expand on what was in the book. He seemed to be treating the new format as a new vehicle for the story. How it comes out might be different.
    "And if there is nothing that can so hide the face of our fellow-man as morality can, religion can hide from us as nothing else can the face of God." -- Martin Buber

"You do not like religion; we started from that assumption. But in conducting an honest battle against it, which is not completely without effort, you do not want to have fought against a shadow like the one with which we have struggled." -- Friedrich Schleiermacher

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12