Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: The Leftovers

Quote Originally Posted by CalgaryHawkFan View Post
    Yep, I agree - the backtrack was really well done. Really showed the difference in people's lives. I still don't think they're ever going to give us 'answers' as such. Why, how, those kind of answers...

I've been wrong before though.

I LOVED how such little things become big things in the life 'before.' Quitting smoking, is this all there is to my life, that kind of stuff. Afterwards of course that all pales.
    Yeah, it wasn't that I wanted the show to hold my hand or walk me through every aspect of the characters lives pre-disappearance with my earlier complaints in the thread. Its nice though, whether right or wrong in my opinion, to get a sense of who these people were before the event as to form an opinion of the characters. I can understand now, least I think I can, why Nora, Laurie, Matt, and Jill are so nihilistic, gloomy or angry and hurt etc. Or the change in Patty from seemingly downtrodden and beaten down house frau to hard as nails, no nonsense leader of the Guilty Remnant. Or Kevin who pretty much just seems like he was an ass0 both pre and post disappearance, but being able to understand and relate to his is this all there is to life unhappiness and questioning. And like you say, how after a major and tragic event it puts into perspective how small all the sh*t we once thought were major things in life.
    The world is a toll-free toilet
    Our mouths neurological ass0s
    And psychologically speaking
    We're in a state of mental diarrhea
    Talking sh*t a mile a minute
    Or in a state of constipated notions
    Can't think of nothin' but sh*t, and in this world of stinky futures
    Sh*tty memories and constipated 19 now-nows
    Emerges from the hiney of your head the doo doo chasers
    The Promentalsh*tbackwashpsychosisenemasquad
    Bringing you music to get your sh*t together by

Quote Originally Posted by Breed View Post
    What? So no one, but me is watching anymore?

Vin? BPM? CHF? Nas? Fan?...................Anyone?
    I didn't get a chance to watch it until last night, very good episode and needed for the plot. Very interested to see what happens next week.
    If the majority distributes among itself the things of a minority, it is evident that it will destroy the city. --Aristotle
    If we did all the things we are capable of, we would literally astound ourselves. - Thomas Edison

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567