HC Power Rankings

http://www.nfl.com/photoessays/0ap20...ankingshttp://

Thoughts

My thoughts are

Reid too high
    Mike Smith too high
    Rex Ryan too high
    Mike McCoy too low
    John Fox tad too high. Reason too many blowout losses with talented roster to be in top 10.
    Last edited by Nflbronco; 07-16-2014 at 03:41 AM.
    Pat Bowlen Best owner in sports

I may be proved wrong, but I have always said Andy Reid is overated.

John Fox is too high on that list ... homerism aside, he should not be ahead of a lot of those guys ...

I realize some guys are unproven ( at least compared to someone like Belichick or Coughlin ), but I think Bruce Ariens is definitely Top 10 material, maybe even higher .....

The Jerry Glanville fan in me likes Chip Kelly a lot - doesn't necessarily mean Kelly is a great HC ( which he may very well turn out to be ), but I like Kelly's approach and style

I like John Fox, but he is too high - I'd put Mike Tomlin, Fisher and Reid over Fox at this point ...

I think McCarthy is too high
    Last edited by lucas707; 07-16-2014 at 07:08 AM.
    My happiness is not the means to any end. It is the end. It is its own goal. It is its own purpose.
    ― Ayn Rand, Anthem

Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.
    ― Oscar Wilde

And by the stream there cometh up on its edge, every kind of fruit-tree whose leaf fadeth not; and its fruits hath been for food, and its leaf for medicine.

- Ezekiel 47:12

... and I agree with NFLB - Mike Smith is too high - I'd take Marvin Lewis or Jeff Fisher over Smith

Ron Rivera did a great job last year - but will he be able to continue that ?
    My happiness is not the means to any end. It is the end. It is its own goal. It is its own purpose.
    ― Ayn Rand, Anthem

Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.
    ― Oscar Wilde

And by the stream there cometh up on its edge, every kind of fruit-tree whose leaf fadeth not; and its fruits hath been for food, and its leaf for medicine.

I think you guys are really underestimating what John Fox brought to this team. Number one, stability. He's a well respected defensive mind. 2) Personality, players absolutely love the guy. Manning echoed this sentiment when he signed here. Was Fox the main reason Manning chose us, probably not, but it sure didn't hurt. Look at the coaching staff this guy assembled. Are you freakin' kidding me? This staff has taken guys like Harris and made them stars. Let's not forget what McDaniels did to this team, his moves should've sent us back into Oakland Raider oblivion. Obviously Elway is a huge part of our turnaround, and if John is in Fox's corner, then there's a big reason for that

Way to go OC!! Maybe your best post ever. I'm in your corner.

Well, other than some fish story. ;)

Count me in OC and Geo's corner.

I also don't think Mike Smith is too high. His team had a bad injury plagued season but had he had the same success last year as he did the previous few he'd probably be talked about in the top 5. I think Smith is a very good coach. Jeff Fisher is too. Fisher is a players dream to play for. Good player coach who gets a lot out of his players and finds success even without a ton of talent on his roster. He has had success with talented and untalented rosters.
    They say that love is more important than money, but have you ever tried to pay your bills with a hug?

OC I agree Fox is not perfect but I hope we keep him for a long time.

Other then Mingo, who is perfect?
    They say that love is more important than money, but have you ever tried to pay your bills with a hug?

I'm pretty close

Quote Originally Posted by Draft Crazy View Post
    Other then Mingo, who is perfect?
    I love rock and roll

― Ayn Rand, Anthem

― Oscar Wilde

I like John Fox ... but I also think some of the other guys on that list ( ie Tomlin ) have done an exceptional job too

In Tomlin's case, it's hard to argue with the results
    ― Ayn Rand, Anthem

― Oscar Wilde