Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pouncey Trouble

Quote Originally Posted by Superbelt View Post
    Because the Federal Government doesn't recognize any medical benefit for Marijuana.

There are, however approved medical uses of cocaine, meth, and oxycodone.
    There are no FDA-recognized benefits to beating your spouse.
    "Dying is easy; comedy is hard." - Edmund Kean

Quote Originally Posted by SteelNutDave
    There are no FDA-recognized benefits to beating your spouse.
    Not yet. I'm sure if a drug company can find an angle where money could be made they would sponsor clinical trials in a heart beat.
    Nappy time.

Am I the only one who could really care less if Gordon ends up in a gutter? He is either immature and doesn't want to stop, thus I have no sympathy. Or he is an addict who doesn't want help, you can't force it. Or maybe a bit of both and I have little sympathy. Cris Carter has gone on record saying he should be cut as that is what woke him up. I'm guessing Gordon is much closer to Carter making poor decisions than an addict. I'm sick of rich people getting hooked on drugs and getting in trouble or dying. I am furious that people like Phillip Seymour Hoffman, with all the resources in the world, ultimately choose to get away from the program, die and leave families behind.

I don't want to see Gordon in the gutter. Addiction is a son of a bitch. And I like to watch the best players in the world play ball. He's a hell of a talent.
    Μολὼν λαβέ
    Η ζωή ενός σκλάβου είναι όλοι καταλαβαίνετε, δεν ξέρεις τίποτα από την ελευθερία. Γιατί αν το κάνατε, θα μας ενθάρρυνε να πολεμήσουν, όχι μόνο με το δόρυ μας, αλλά και με ό, τι έχουμε.

Again, it depends on if it's addiction or selfishness and immaturity. If it's addiction, the NFL should absolutely be doing all they can to get him a support system. But the DUI tells me it's not addiction, just that he doesn't care and you can't help stupid.

If it's stupidity I hope he gets smarter then. I still want to see the best compete.
    Μολὼν λαβέ
    Η ζωή ενός σκλάβου είναι όλοι καταλαβαίνετε, δεν ξέρεις τίποτα από την ελευθερία. Γιατί αν το κάνατε, θα μας ενθάρρυνε να πολεμήσουν, όχι μόνο με το δόρυ μας, αλλά και με ό, τι έχουμε.

Quote Originally Posted by Bridgeburner View Post
    If it's stupidity I hope he gets smarter then. I still want to see the best compete.
    I'm still concerned about aspects of the OL. Munchak is supposedly a guru and such, but what if Beachum goes down? I've never thought Gilbert was good at anything. He's also soft. Adams is a headcase. Damn, could've had Lavonte David.

I think we really need to give Adams basically a clean slate. The dude was stabbed and while he technically was healed for the season, who knows what that really did to him physically and mentally? He was the ROY, I believe and I gotta think that means something, especially with Muchak there as you mentioned.

That is basically something that every teams lives with, losing a top flight OL, especially LT, there are very few teams who have two top flight LTs on the roster. You have to adapt to
    whoever might go down over the course of the year. Having Munchak who can coach these guys up probably better than most OL coaches in the league would soften the blow some. As a couple of the OL have said already, he makes the whole thing alot simpler.
    "Once I start, they'll be no stopping me."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12