Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Quote Originally Posted by Deano View Post
    I don't think it minimizes Foles skills to say that he throws a lot of short passes and passes to his backs. That is his offense and he does it well.

Let's not forget he doesn't even have a full year as the starter.
    on top of that, he threw a lot to djac who led the league in passes over 20 yards I thought? In fact, if you look at ESPN's stat sheet organized by YPA (Yards per Attempt) Foles is actually ranked #1!! So I'm not sure I see how someone is making the case he is a "shorter pass QB." I do think it will lower a bit this year since we don't have Djac. I do think CK will modify his offense based on the personnel (something Reid was totally incapable of doing). But the truth is, we are actually more of a "RUNNING" offense anyways. We were #1 in rushing yards last year, and #4 in run attempts (which shows intent, not just productivity). I think this is a huge reason that the QB will have more success here. Reid used the pass to setup the pass and then occasionally ran. CK understands using the run to setup the pass ,and he does it more from a spread formation to force defenses to still defend the pass. The whole key is disguise and not being predictable (Which Reid was the king of). There is no reason to think Foles will not continue to succeed in this offense. My biggest concern is Maclin, as I'm concerned about injury and I have never been sold on him as a true #1, and that we have rookies that will take time to develop. Passing is still a 2 part equation, and he needs WR's that will fightfor the ball and carry their end of the load as well. Man I would love to pull a deal to go grab Andre Johnson while our rookies develop. But 33 yrs of age is tough to give up anything for. But I think he would be a great fit here, and would massively help this offense. It's not like we need him to catch 100 balls here.

Quote Originally Posted by FFL_Recruiter View Post
    First, when you have to attack spelling and not the content that usually says a lot.
    It certainly does - like the person being retorted to has failed to make a coherent post.

Quote Originally Posted by FFL_Recruiter View Post
    Second, what was misspelled in that short post? Third, and most importantly, I didn't attack or put you down in any way. I was actually telling enut that there was no reason for him to throw a fellow eagles fan under the bus. Would you expect there to be no rivalry at all between a PHI fan and a DAL fan? I am not exactly sure what you are referring to in regards to the FFL league, but feel free to PM me and I will discuss it. I do remember it being UNANIMOUS that you were not invited back for not playing. Well guess what, I had little time a previous season and I was removed as well. I moved on. Try it sometime. Hence back to my original message with enut - letting go of the past and bitterness. I hold no ill will towards you. If you do, that's on you. House remodel is long done. Mom passed away. That is all part of life. I don't see how anything I said was not being cordial to you or beyond simple rivalry dogging. Any problem you have, is yours alone to have.

You don't mind if I keep this do you? :p (please note the light hearted toungue out in case you were too grumpy or confused to notice it) :p

PS: I did take 1st in the only FFL I was in last year. Joined a money league with a friend who had been in one for 5-6 years. Was the first in-person live draft I had done. Was fun. Won over $600. And my QB?? *sigh* Romo. It killed me all year having to hope he did well. He might not bring a trophy home to DAL, but he served me well last year. ;)
    I don't know what you're getting at with this TLDNR. If you're not going to have a memory, what's the point of debating? I could see how Romo could be good in fantasy, it's just that we're stuck with him in the win/loss column.
    Gang Way!

Quote Originally Posted by Rear Admiral View Post
    So he's getting older every year, right? He's also not a large back and is used regularly. Why was Sproles brought in?
    That theory just makes no sense...

Wow congrats people get older every year... Thanks for the news flash. And since when do we question why backups are brought in? I dunno so the other guy is fresh? So you have another look to your offense? Why do the cowboys bring in backups? Do the cowboys starters play the game the entire time or do they get breaks?

Quote Originally Posted by tonystavoli View Post
    That theory just makes no sense...

Wow congrats people get older every year... Thanks for the news flash. And since when do we question why backups are brought in? I dunno so the other guy is fresh? So you have another look to your offense? Why do the cowboys bring in backups? Do the cowboys starters play the game the entire time or do they get breaks?
    Just to answer the question -

The Cowboys bring in backups to start.
    Chip is the man!

Quote Originally Posted by Rear Admiral View Post
    So he's getting older every year, right? He's also not a large back and is used regularly. Why was Sproles brought in?
    Balance. So Shady doesn't get overused and burned-out. It's not a knock on Shady. Just common sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech_star11 View Post
    Willis, will be 30 in jan, and has been injured the last few years and is noticeably not the same player. Bowman might not ever be a starting quality backer again,brooks is 30, and without secondary help these oft injured front 7 guys are gonna struggle. We arent going to agree becuase we look at the game fron two spectrums. Lets just save the topic and bring it up after week 16 shall we?
    He's not an all timer now, just Pro Bowl Level. Put him on the scrap heap. Guys tear ACL's all the time, why would Bowman not be a starting linebacker again? Brooks is 30? So? Doesn't mean he's suddenly gonna be terrible. Plently of backers are good past 30.

If you are still around come week 16 we certainly can bring this back up. I'm pretty confident in saying if the 9ers struggle it won't be because of the front 7.
    The stand your ground law is like bleach. It works miracles for whites but it'll ruin your colors.

Quote Originally Posted by Deano View Post
    I don't think it minimizes Foles skills to say that he throws a lot of short passes and passes to his backs. That is his offense and he does it well.

Let's not forget he doesn't even have a full year as the starter.
    Wasn't minimizing Foles, was just explaining how you can't just look at accuracy based on completion percentage.

http://wp.advancedfootballanalytics....YardsStats.php

Foles got more help from YAC than Colin did by a considerable margin. It's not a slight on Nick, I liked him a lot at Arizona and was hoping he'd declare the year SF took Colin. But don't try and say Colin isn't accurate when he has to throw to covered guys more consistently deeper down the field than the majority of the qb's in the NFL. Kelly scheme is fantastic compared to the crap Greg Roman runs in the pass game.

Completion percentage is like batting average in baseball. It doesn't tell you as much as people think it does.

Wouldn't surprise me in the least if Foles is in the Pro Bowl next year.
    Last edited by 9ERS4EVA; Yesterday at 10:32 PM.
    The stand your ground law is like bleach. It works miracles for whites but it'll ruin your colors.

Quote Originally Posted by old duke View Post
    Balance. So Shady doesn't get overused and burned-out. It's not a knock on Shady. Just common sense.
    Exactly, which acknowledges that Shady is getting older - and had alot of carries/mileage last year. Bear in mind Sproles is already there, but he may spell Shady some, which is necessary. I just don't see Shady as a 12 or even a 10 year back in the league - could be wrong, but he'll likely wear down faster than Westy.
    Last edited by Rear Admiral; Yesterday at 11:05 PM.
    Gang Way!

Quote Originally Posted by 9ERS4EVA View Post
    He's not an all timer now, just Pro Bowl Level. Put him on the scrap heap. Guys tear ACL's all the time, why would Bowman not be a starting linebacker again? Brooks is 30? So? Doesn't mean he's suddenly gonna be terrible. Plently of backers are good past 30.

If you are still around come week 16 we certainly can bring this back up. I'm pretty confident in saying if the 9ers struggle it won't be because of the front 7.

Ummm seriously? Did you see bowmans injury? His knee was damn near inside out, he tore acl, mcland pcl. Mcl/acl needed surgical repair. No one has ever come back after that type of injury, weaver, and new englands running back a few years back never even laced up the cleats again. Wilis was NOT pro bowl caliber at mlb last year, he got beat up pretty bad, and hes noticeably slower to react. Its partially why they are moving him from the mike spot. Im not trying to bash them, but 9ers fans seem like they dont actually follow their team, just look at the winning percentage and stat sheet before they decide to give the team attention. If youactually LOOK at the 9ers you can clearly see they are an in cohesive unit on offense with aging core players on BOTH sides of the ball. And peices that just dont fit on offense.

Kap cant throw a good deep ball, so they let bolden walk, bring in stevie johnson and still use davis as a "middle deep threat". Gore is a workhorse... But he is not the same player and not much behind him in terms of an every down back. (something you might need with a run first strategy and an inaccurate qb).

I watched a ton of 9ers games, and im telling you, they aged right before our eyes week by week. By seasons end they looked like a team that just wanted to go home and sleep.
    "you know my rap, 21 and 10"

"you know my rap, 21 and 10"

Ummm seriously? Did you see bowmans injury? His knee was damn near inside out, he tore acl, mcland pcl. Mcl/acl needed surgical repair. No one has ever come back after that type of injury, weaver, and new englands running back a few years back never even laced up the cleats again. Wilis was NOT pro bowl caliber at mlb last year, he got beat up pretty bad, and hes noticeably slower to react. Its partially why they are moving him from the mike spot. Im not trying to bash them, but 9ers fans seem like they dont actually follow their team, just look at the winning percentage and stat sheet before they decide to give the team attention. If youactually LOOK at the 9ers you can clearly see they are an in cohesive unit on offense with aging core players on BOTH sides of the ball. And peices that just dont fit on offense.

Kap cant throw a good deep ball, so they let bolden walk, bring in stevie johnson and still use davis as a "middle deep threat". Gore is a workhorse... But he is not the same player and not much behind him in terms of an every down back. (something you might need with a run first strategy and an inaccurate qb).

I watched a ton of 9ers games, and im telling you, they aged right before our eyes week by week. By seasons end they looked like a team that just wanted to go home and sleep.
    Out of respect for the Eagles forum I'm not going to argue with a clueless guy in their forum. Just so much wrong in those paragraphs. Of course I'm sure you aren't done lecturing me that I don't know my team as you talk about players leaving who never left.

willis mcgahee comes to mind. bowman is already running around and he wont be rushed back. im not sure where your getting your info that he tore his pcl, he tore his acl/mcl and the mcl heals without surgery. with all the medical advances bowman will be back, if shaun livingston can do what he did to his knee and still get a 20 mil deal from the warriors im sure bowman will be fine by the bye week. who would of thought to inject stem cells into a knee injuries, these wacky drs these days

boldin is still a niner, i dont know what you mean let him walk, he signed a extension last year. niners are not depending on gore, if gore wasnt a niner favorite i think they would of cut him this past off season. niners have been preparing for his departure, expect his workload to lessen as the season goes along.
    Last edited by Niner Empire; Today at 04:15 AM.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567