Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    The 9ers are not as good as everyone thinks, again im not a big kap fan, and the defense has huge ?s going into camp. I just dont see a superbowl championship on that roster.
    "you know my rap, 21 and 10"

I am excited about the upcoming year and the Niners are one of the teams I don't like to see on my schedule! They aren't the best team in the NFL but they are top 4.

As far as having film on Chip I doubt that matters much. He runs to set up the pass and he studies like mad to create mis matches. He is very good at breaking down another teams D. I doubt he loses that ability anytime soon.

I think the only true statement would be that the Eagles have significantly more room for improvement than the Niners do.

Quote Originally Posted by djm View Post
    I am excited about the upcoming year and the Niners are one of the teams I don't like to see on my schedule! They aren't the best team in the NFL but they are top 4.
    The 9'ers are indeed an intriguing team. When Kaep is on he's tough to stop - but he's not 'on' all the time - nor are their weapons. They have a tough D, and some all around good players. Somehow, like the Pats, and I suppose the trade of Smith, they've been able to draft high despite contending. Still, I have to wonder how many times a team can keep 'knocking on the door' and come up short, only to knock thru it with the Seahawks in their own division, the Cards and the Rams coming on.

They have certainly returned to 'contendership' after a long dismal drought. Nobody stays at the top for long anymore in the NFL.
    Gang Way!

Quote Originally Posted by Rear Admiral View Post
    The 9'ers are indeed an intriguing team. When Kaep is on he's tough to stop - but he's not 'on' all the time - nor are their weapons. They have a tough D, and some all around good players. Somehow, like the Pats, and I suppose the trade of Smith, they've been able to draft high despite contending. Still, I have to wonder how many times a team can keep 'knocking on the door' and come up short, only to knock thru it with the Seahawks in their own division, the Cards and the Rams coming on.

They have certainly returned to 'contendership' after a long dismal drought. Nobody stays at the top for long anymore in the NFL.
    The the last 3 NFCCG they lost 2 and won one. Of the last 3 SuperBowls they lost one. This tells me a team is already there and who cares who is up and coming. They have a window like every team does but for some here to say they are not a good team (not saying you did) is crazy.

it should be a interesting year,

good luck

I was all set to kick the year off by calling Foles Scott Mitchell 2.0. But I just can't do it, not after he made me eat my words last year.

Now I'm sure you all can see why the national media has doubts. He did kind of come out of nowhere and the league has a long list of flash in the pans over the years. But it's also fair to say that Kelly's offense can produce big numbers for a QB. With an offseason to study DCs throughout the league have the ability to catch up and defend new unusual offensives. But until they do it they have not done it
    Last edited by Darrell Green Fan; 07-23-2014 at 07:05 PM.
    6 Footers For Bogey Really Suck

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell Green Fan View Post
    I was all set to kick the year off by calling Foles Scott Mitchell 2.0. But I just can't do it, not after he made me eat my words last year.

Now I'm sure you all can see why the national media has doubts. He did kind of come out of nowhere and the league has a long list of flash in the pans over the years. But it's also fair to say that Kelly's offense can produce big numbers for a QB. With an offseason to study DCs throughout the league have the ability to catch up and defend new unusual offensives. But until they do it they have not done it

Eh, for me Foles had that 'Fear Factor' right from the start. He was raw, he had some kinks in his game and was prone to INT's, but he was a mere rookie what? 3rd round pick? I don't think he was even supposed to be playing yet - Vick injury? He needed the right coaching and he seems to have gotten it. Even last year, he had some moments where Philly fans (as they do) were ready to throw him to the Lions, particularly the first Cowboy game where he just seemed 'off' - but we had faced him before.

Mitchel, as I recall it, never had the 'FF' that Foles had for me from the start. Once he proved he could make good decisions throughout drives, I figured he was going to improve. Granted, he could slump. He's no surprise to anybody anymore. I doubt it. He's big, tall, has great vision downfield and can deliver a strike, plus he has a great RB. The only thing I see holding him up, as with any QB, is injury.
    Gang Way!

I just hope they keep calling that read option and he keeps the ball. Dude makes me look like Carl Lewis
    6 Footers For Bogey Really Suck

If im chip kelly, the read option wont even be in my playbook this year, i would love the sproles/mcCoy pro set fake screen left, screen right plays. That would kill with those two, and that oline.

I love it when people say foles will struggle becuase teams "will watch the film". Lol i think thats why chip is so successful, watching his film, is like looking at last weeks lottery drawing to get a leg up on todays. Im willing to bet this will be a whole new animal this year.
    "you know my rap, 21 and 10"

Quote Originally Posted by Tech_star11 View Post
    If im chip kelly, the read option wont even be in my playbook this year, i would love the sproles/mcCoy pro set fake screen left, screen right plays. That would kill with those two, and that oline.

I love it when people say foles will struggle becuase teams "will watch the film". Lol i think thats why chip is so successful, watching his film, is like looking at last weeks lottery drawing to get a leg up on todays. Im willing to bet this will be a whole new animal this year.
    Agreed! I can't wait to see what Chip does now that the he has had an offseason to to adjust his system to fit Foles. This should be fun to watch.

The read option aint going anywhere. It works. Whether Foles barely keeps it or not it will still work. CK used it before he got to Oregon with another slow QB. Its actually great we dont have a runner at QB, that way the qb wont be keeping it too often. Only when he has a ton of room and the optionis "on".

Im more worried about a Foles injury when he "runs" around in the pocket. Though he is a good passer on the run...he takes some huge hits outside of the pocket because he cant really outrun anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by swat View Post
    Im more worried about a Foles injury when he "runs" around in the pocket. Though he is a good passer on the run...he takes some huge hits outside of the pocket because he cant really outrun anyone.
    I worry about that too. I am sure that Chip is going to spend a lot of time with Foles on getting rid of it sooner so he doesn't take those hits. If they fix that part of his game he will be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by swat View Post
    The read option aint going anywhere. It works. Whether Foles barely keeps it or not it will still work. CK used it before he got to Oregon with another slow QB. Its actually great we dont have a runner at QB, that way the qb wont be keeping it too often. Only when he has a ton of room and the optionis "on".

Perks of being 6'6 240lbs+

Quote Originally Posted by Rey View Post
    My prediction for Foles is 32 TD's 8 Int's. While we lost the big play threat of DJax we get back Maclin who's a decent starter if 100%. The big difference I think we'll see is in the slot where I see Matthews being a significant upgrade from Jason Avant. Matthews has been working out with Calvin Johnson and AJ Green ... both of whom speak very highly of him; I think he will be a big part of the game plan from Day 1. Combine that with Ertz who could take the next step and Sproles who has to be accounted for as a receiver ... and we'll be just fine. Foles steps in from Day 1 knowing the Offense and with a year under his belt ... the big question will be our D.

My exact sentiments. I could not have put my feelings about Foles any better. With the help of stacked weapons around him ... questionable Mac, Foles should do very well. Chip has supplied all the tools. That's assuming he really has the talent in him to use them properly. In my mind, there were several flaws he showed, but it was his first season and he didn't start from camp. Surely he should be vastly improved from last year. He's had a year to study and will have a full camp, a far cry from last year. We just have to stay healthy along the line, tough to ask again.
    [I]"It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds." ___ Samuel Adams "Father of the American Revolution"

"Originally Posted by JackBauer"
    I'm still waiting to see the Democrats running on a platform of reduced federal spending.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678