The Last Ramone - Tommy won't be beating on any more brats.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/...y.html?hpid=z3

Tommy Ramone, who was born Erdelyi Tamas in Budapest, Hungary, died yesterday at 65. He was the last living Ramone.

Johnny Ramone, whose birth name was John Cummings, died in 2004 of prostate cancer. Joey Ramone, whose real name is Jeff Hyman, died in 2001 of lymphatic cancer. Dee Dee Ramone, whose real name is Douglas Colvin, died from a drug overdose in 2002.
    Hugely influential band, one of the true fathers of Punk Rock.

Even Bruce Springsteen was moved. After seeing the Ramones in Asbury Park, New Jersey, Springsteen wrote “Hungry Heart” for the band. His manager, however, swayed him to keep the song for himself and it became a hit single.
    Who knew?

I saw them live in 1990, my sister who was an original punk saw them 3 times back in 1978-1980 when they were youngster punks. Great band. Pure, simple, real rock. May they all be sedated and rest in peace, or at least may they all have something to do.
    "What's so funny about peace , love and understanding?" - Elvis Costello

RIP Tommy Ramone!

3 chords, speed it up....
    The Leafies are Scumbags.

They're all dead? Where have I been?

Oh well, every time I say "huh?", I'll remember the time I saw the Ramones.

Rest in sedation.
    I've got binders full of women
    and a one point plan.

Might be the band I most regret never seeing live. They got me through high school.
    "And if there is nothing that can so hide the face of our fellow-man as morality can, religion can hide from us as nothing else can the face of God." -- Martin Buber

"You do not like religion; we started from that assumption. But in conducting an honest battle against it, which is not completely without effort, you do not want to have fought against a shadow like the one with which we have struggled." -- Friedrich Schleiermacher

The world is a toll-free toilet
    Our mouths neurological ass0s
    And psychologically speaking
    We're in a state of mental diarrhea
    Talking sh*t a mile a minute
    Or in a state of constipated notions
    Can't think of nothin' but sh*t, and in this world of stinky futures
    Sh*tty memories and constipated 19 now-nows
    Emerges from the hiney of your head the doo doo chasers
    The Promentalsh*tbackwashpsychosisenemasquad
    Bringing you music to get your sh*t together by

Quote Originally Posted by Big Pink Monkey View Post
    Might be the band I most regret never seeing live. They got me through high school.
    Same here. In my younger days, they just seemed like one of those bands that would always be around and I'd have another chance to see them some other time. Even when they announced their retirement, it seemed like it was probably only a temporary thing and they'd be back soon enough. It was shocking to me when Joey died and just unbelievable that all 4 of them are gone now.

IKR...rock musicians are usually so long-lived...

Honestly it's probably more surprising one of them even made it to his 60's.
    "I will punch you." - Wounded Bear

Yeah, I never thought they would live into my 20s. They just never really came to Texas.
    "And if there is nothing that can so hide the face of our fellow-man as morality can, religion can hide from us as nothing else can the face of God." -- Martin Buber

"You do not like religion; we started from that assumption. But in conducting an honest battle against it, which is not completely without effort, you do not want to have fought against a shadow like the one with which we have struggled." -- Friedrich Schleiermacher

Damned shame. I wore out those first two records as a kid.

Almost posted Motorhead's song about the Ramones...and then realized that it mentions Marky, not Tommy. I always had a soft spot for Tommy, since he went on to engineer some really great records (like the Replacements' Tim). He always seemed to be the one with a wink for the fans: "This might be an act, but let's all have a blast with it".
    That the world is explicable is miraculous, and so explanations need not be the undoing of miracles.

We never learn anything, never in the world, and in spite of all the history books written. There’s a regular warehouse of fine suggestions, and if we’re not better it isn’t because there aren’t plenty of marvelous and true ideas to draw on, but because our vanity weighs more than all of them put together.

I saw them in 84. Great show. Rest in peace fellas. If you see Sheena tell her I said "Hey, ho, let's go!"
    Cherish your children for who they are, not who you'd like them to be.

Dee Dee's tombstone.

"OK, I gotta go now"

"What's so funny about peace , love and understanding?" - Elvis Costello

Quote Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
    IKR...rock musicians are usually so long-lived...

Honestly it's probably more surprising one of them even made it to his 60's.

I think it's really interesting that all 4 died fairly young...yet only 1/4 died from substance abuse and 0/4 from accidents.
    The word "hero" is frequently abused badly. This is a real hero.