Suarez to Barcelona

Well, the biting didn't affect his image too much.

Barcelona have agreed to pay his 75m pound release clause.

http://www.football365.com/news/2155...with-Liverpool

As the Reds season ended I didn't think that a Suarez move was going to happen, he seemed happy throughout the year and Liverpool seemed primed to contend again for the Premiereship crown and to make some noise in the Champions League. However as the transfer season wore on it became pretty apparent that the move was going to happen. Obviously there was some agreement between Suarez and Liverpool after the will he/won't he saga leading up to last season, and now it is only a question of how that money is reinvested. Last time a big money striker left via transfer (Torres) we blew our load too quickly on Charlie Adam, Stewart Downing and (eek) Andy Carroll so I would hate to see that happen again.
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be."
    -Kurt Vonnegut "Mother Night"

Quote Originally Posted by Fandango View Post
    As the Reds season ended I didn't think that a Suarez move was going to happen, he seemed happy throughout the year and Liverpool seemed primed to contend again for the Premiereship crown and to make some noise in the Champions League. However as the transfer season wore on it became pretty apparent that the move was going to happen. Obviously there was some agreement between Suarez and Liverpool after the will he/won't he saga leading up to last season, and now it is only a question of how that money is reinvested. Last time a big money striker left via transfer (Torres) we blew our load too quickly on Charlie Adam, Stewart Downing and (eek) Andy Carroll so I would hate to see that happen again.
    We already spent quite a bit on Lallana, Lambert, Can and (probably) Markovic. I'm not sure how much of that Suarez money was spent ahead of time or if it's all still available for transfers.

You all are going after Origi, who looks like a nice young player to me...
    "Yeah, everything that guy just said is Bullsh!t..... Thank you.." -Vincent LaGuardia Gambini-

Quote Originally Posted by Payton34 View Post
    You all are going after Origi, who looks like a nice young player to me...
    Yep, supposedly though he'll be loaned back to Lille for one more season.

Ah, I see.
    "Yeah, everything that guy just said is Bullsh!t..... Thank you.." -Vincent LaGuardia Gambini-

Love this move as it makes Liverpool weaker and made Alexis Sanchez available for the Gunners.
    The trouble with the world today is the intelligent people are full of doubt and the dumb people are full of confidence - Charles Bukowski

I was hoping Sanchez would be part of the Suarez transfer. Great move by Arsenal.

Crap, I just vomited a bit in my mouth...

It's going to be really hard to root for him as a blaugrana.

I don't understand this custom of selling players for huge amounts of money. What in the structure of the game prevents them from pocketing the money themselves when they negotiate their contracts?
    APF doesn't come in screaming at others about how stupid they are. APF doesn't spam NST with the same tired topic 30 times a month. APF doesn't link to some kook in his mom's basement telling you how to, "Be afraid. Be very afraid" of the world falling down around you. And, when APF is proven wrong, he acknowledges he made a mistake and moves on, rather than harping about "sheeple."

-- Cory Bonini

Welchie summarized

Point of clarification, who are you referring to when you say: "...structure of the game prevents them"...who is "them"?
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be."
    -Kurt Vonnegut "Mother Night"

Quote Originally Posted by AndromedaPatFan View Post
    I don't understand this custom of selling players for huge amounts of money. What in the structure of the game prevents them from pocketing the money themselves when they negotiate their contracts?
    He's still under contract to Liverpool at the time, thus they have to be compensated to release him from his contract. Unlike in American leagues, it's done in straight cash (homey), instead of players/draft picks.
    "Personal foul, 69, offense. He was giving him the business."