Thread: Oline

Oline

Broncos usually keep 9

1) Clady
    2) Vasquez
    3) Ramirez
    4) Franklin
    5) Clark

Justice and Schofield are probably first two off the bench.
    Will Montgomery and Paradis may fight for a spot to back up C/G

Looks to me like it is Garland Vs. Painter for the last spot - baring injury.

Garland looks pretty good for making this roster based on who is on the roster now. Schofield being able to go G or Tackle really helps out the line a lot. Garland is a pretty safe PS spot - considering his loyalty.

Ben Garland G
    Winston Justice T
    Ryan Miller G
    Will Montgomery C
    Vinston Painter T
    Matt Paradis C/G
    Michael Schofield T
    Aslam Sterling T
    Paul Cornick T

Hoping for Painter to surprise
    "Essentially, the bargain that I think every President strikes with the American people is, ‘you give me this office, then in turn my fears, doubts, insecurities, foibles, need for sleep, family life, vacations, leisure, is gone. I am giving myself to you.”---Obama said in 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Broncogreg View Post
    Hoping for Painter to surprise
    I'm not holding my breath for Painter - his performance in pre-season was embarrassing. I hope the Broncos spent the year getting him ready to compete.

Painter may be the most physically-gifted offensive linemen we have. The only problem is that you have to be able to play - which he certainly didn't show in the preseason last year. We signed him off the practice squad last year after another team reportedly tried to sign him. So, Denver must think enough of him as a future prospect to keep him on the team.

If he can't beat out Justice after a year of learning, he probably won't be on the team.

I'm interested in Aslam Sterling from Kansas. From what I read he was a 400 LBS blob until his last college year - when he lost 100 LBS and played LT - and did pretty well. If you don't impress through your junior year - that's a good reason why you get ignored if you show up as a new player for your last year of college ball. He may be one of those NFL stories - where you someone finds you - and you can play.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-an...9-e5838bfd7bff

Nice run down by Andrew Mason - some real positives on Clady (best shape he has been in years) - comments on all the guys - gives us something on each of them.

Thanks for this link and the one on DT.

On good links -you SS are my Bhuda Master.