Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
Results 121 to 135 of 135
  1. #121
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    The Boondocks
    Posts
    37,927
    Quote Originally Posted by The Q View Post
    yeah, I love it. On the real.

    I mean it kinda sucks when you're doing it. But when you're done you just feel amazing.

    and you don't have to buy jack but the CDs. And you can buy them piecemeal for like 10 bucks each if you wanted to.

    And if you already have a yoga or yoga like workout exercise dvd you could skip buying the 2 recovery days and still get most of the benefits.
    I just looked up insanity on the web and hot diggety dog. That's the one with Shaun T and the cute as a button blonde with the bob cut that be workin that body. Hell, I'd move to Tennessee if ol' girl would be my work out instructor.
    The world is a toll-free toilet
    Our mouths neurological ass0s
    And psychologically speaking
    We're in a state of mental diarrhea
    Talking sh*t a mile a minute
    Or in a state of constipated notions
    Can't think of nothin' but sh*t, and in this world of stinky futures
    Sh*tty memories and constipated 19 now-nows
    Emerges from the hiney of your head the doo doo chasers
    The Promentalsh*tbackwashpsychosisenemasquad
    Bringing you music to get your sh*t together by

  2. #122
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    58,532
    Quote Originally Posted by Breed View Post
    I just looked up insanity on the web and hot diggety dog. That's the one with Shaun T and the cute as a button blonde with the bob cut that be workin that body. Hell, I'd move to Tennessee if ol' girl would be my work out instructor.
    Ah yes, Arielle, she's a major hottie.

    There's a few cuties in the glass.

    Just an FYI they switch girls out and use the same names sometimes lol
    Mac9, to the true warrior. the ultimate competitor and the most worth adversary any athlete has ever faced off against. He was an inspiration for both his on the field play, off the field contributions and his leadership. The world is now a worse place without him.

    "Have the courage to have your wisdom regarded as stupidity" - Justice Antonin Scalia

    "Just because you're the lone voice in the wilderness, it doesn't mean you're wrong."
    - Ghandi

  3. #123
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    The peanut gallery....
    Posts
    38,128
    Quote Originally Posted by The Q View Post
    I'm doing insanity.

    It sucks while you're doing it
    , but I like it overall.
    QFT.

    I hate working out man...especially just before I have to work out.....
    "I would not join any club that would have someone like me for a member." - Groucho Marx

  4. #124
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    The Twin Cities of Minnesota
    Posts
    27,498
    I like working out. I usually get up 3 days a week at 4:45 am to hit the gym for 45 minutes. Seeing my alarm go off at 4:45 sucks, but the actual workout is enjoyable and helps get me ready for the day. I was quite pleased with myself because last Saturday I was able to complete 18 pull-ups in a set and my goal is to get to 20.
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be."
    -Kurt Vonnegut "Mother Night"

  5. #125
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    The peanut gallery....
    Posts
    38,128
    Quote Originally Posted by Fandango View Post
    I like working out. I usually get up 3 days a week at 4:45 am to hit the gym for 45 minutes. Seeing my alarm go off at 4:45 sucks, but the actual workout is enjoyable and helps get me ready for the day. I was quite pleased with myself because last Saturday I was able to complete 18 pull-ups in a set and my goal is to get to 20.
    Shut up.



    Seriously, that's awesome....I work out 3X a week at lunch on MWF....and I am due now...I hate it...bleh...but I am at 40 push ups max now...after starting with 3 max about 13 months ago... I do 300 a week...in sets of 20,40, 20, 20 3X a week....so I am proud of that. I can't do more than 1 pull up though...I think it's because my left shoulder is F'ed up...
    "I would not join any club that would have someone like me for a member." - Groucho Marx

  6. #126
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    The Boondocks
    Posts
    37,927
    Quote Originally Posted by Fandango View Post
    I like working out. I usually get up 3 days a week at 4:45 am to hit the gym for 45 minutes. Seeing my alarm go off at 4:45 sucks, but the actual workout is enjoyable and helps get me ready for the day. I was quite pleased with myself because last Saturday I was able to complete 18 pull-ups in a set and my goal is to get to 20.
    Impressive. Being able to lift one's body weight multiple times is an excellent marker for strength.
    The world is a toll-free toilet
    Our mouths neurological ass0s
    And psychologically speaking
    We're in a state of mental diarrhea
    Talking sh*t a mile a minute
    Or in a state of constipated notions
    Can't think of nothin' but sh*t, and in this world of stinky futures
    Sh*tty memories and constipated 19 now-nows
    Emerges from the hiney of your head the doo doo chasers
    The Promentalsh*tbackwashpsychosisenemasquad
    Bringing you music to get your sh*t together by

  7. #127
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Puyallup, Washington
    Posts
    28,380
    I did insanity, and man, I wanted to punch that guy in the face the entire time I was doing the workout.

    Quit f***ing smiling and telling me to bring my knees higher when I'm on the verge of passing the **** out.

  8. #128
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    58,532
    Quote Originally Posted by Fandango View Post
    I like working out. I usually get up 3 days a week at 4:45 am to hit the gym for 45 minutes. Seeing my alarm go off at 4:45 sucks, but the actual workout is enjoyable and helps get me ready for the day. I was quite pleased with myself because last Saturday I was able to complete 18 pull-ups in a set and my goal is to get to 20.
    I remember when I was training to be a JAG. I was trying to get to 20. It's a brutal stretch to try and get there.
    Mac9, to the true warrior. the ultimate competitor and the most worth adversary any athlete has ever faced off against. He was an inspiration for both his on the field play, off the field contributions and his leadership. The world is now a worse place without him.

    "Have the courage to have your wisdom regarded as stupidity" - Justice Antonin Scalia

    "Just because you're the lone voice in the wilderness, it doesn't mean you're wrong."
    - Ghandi

  9. #129
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    The Twin Cities of Minnesota
    Posts
    27,498
    It has been a slow climb recently, as those last few increments are hard to get to. I generally do wide arm pull-ups, and I pretty much maxed out at 14 for the longest time using that form. Then I started to switch up my styles a bit just to see if that could help, and when I hit 18 on saturday using a standard form I was happy because that muscle confusion seemed to have done the job in breaking that barrier. Getting the last 2, to get to 20 might be tough - and I have about 2.5 weeks to do it since my baby is due in early August.
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be."
    -Kurt Vonnegut "Mother Night"

  10. #130
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    58,532
    Quote Originally Posted by Fandango View Post
    It has been a slow climb recently, as those last few increments are hard to get to. I generally do wide arm pull-ups, and I pretty much maxed out at 14 for the longest time using that form. Then I started to switch up my styles a bit just to see if that could help, and when I hit 18 on saturday using a standard form I was happy because that muscle confusion seemed to have done the job in breaking that barrier. Getting the last 2, to get to 20 might be tough - and I have about 2.5 weeks to do it since my baby is due in early August.
    Psh, get a pullup bar at home.

    Strap the baby thing onto your chest and use it as the extra weight. ; )


    (ok seriously I really hope you guys know i'm just being a really flippant ass right now)
    Mac9, to the true warrior. the ultimate competitor and the most worth adversary any athlete has ever faced off against. He was an inspiration for both his on the field play, off the field contributions and his leadership. The world is now a worse place without him.

    "Have the courage to have your wisdom regarded as stupidity" - Justice Antonin Scalia

    "Just because you're the lone voice in the wilderness, it doesn't mean you're wrong."
    - Ghandi

  11. #131
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Irvine CA
    Posts
    11,359
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyped View Post
    QFT.

    I hate working out man...especially just before I have to work out.....
    Whenever I get the urge to work out, I go lay down until it goes away.
    "What's so funny about peace , love and understanding?" - Elvis Costello

  12. #132
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    25,160
    Quote Originally Posted by The Q View Post
    I went with insanity over P90x because it appeared like you had to buy some equipment for P90x and I had little interest in doing that. Is that the case?
    Pull up Bar
    Bands
    Weights
    Yoga Mat

    Great work out but long..

    The Yoga workout is 1.5 hours and intense...
    Ignorance is those who disparage believers....12 They will come and shout for joy on the heights of Zion; they will rejoice in the bounty of the LORD—the grain, the new wine and the olive oil, the young of the flocks and herds. They will be like a well-watered garden, and they will sorrow no more.
    13 Then young women will dance and be glad, young men and old as well. I will turn their mourning into gladness; I will give them comfort and joy instead of sorrow.

  13. #133
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    17,014
    I suppose P90X and insanity are great if you want to lose a some weight or tighten up to a ridiculous body fat number.

    But, I find that a regiment of working out with 25 lbs barbells along with pushups/pullups 3 days a week and running (4-10 miles with lots of hills and speedwork) 3 days a week seem to keep me in fine shape.
    Fear is the mind killer

  14. #134
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Mount Airy, MD
    Posts
    31,821
    Working out is torture. I mean lying on a hot driveway while scraping rust off a muffler and having it fall into my eyes torture. That's why I have this problem. Age, abdominal surgery and mean old Mr Gravity have turned my once awesome body into a guy with a gut.
    6 Footers For Bogey Really Suck

  15. #135
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    The peanut gallery....
    Posts
    38,128
    Quote Originally Posted by KickSave View Post
    Whenever I get the urge to work out, I go lay down until it goes away.
    I tried that this morning.....but ended up working out because I'd hate myself tonight when I am lying on the couch watching '24' while eating some pop corn...
    "I would not join any club that would have someone like me for a member." - Groucho Marx

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  






Part of USA TODAY Sports Digital Properties.