View Poll Results: Should TE be included in Flex?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

13 100.00%
  • No

0 0%

TE Part of Flex Vote

This one is simple. Should TE's be included in the Flex spot? (Officially changing RB/WR to RB/WR/TE). This way you could play two TEs if you wanted to instead of a 2nd RB or 3rd WR.

*Since this rule affects roster decisions it will be applied to the FOLLOWING YEAR (2015). That way managers have an offseason of decision making to account for this change. In 2014 Flex will remain as just RB/WR.*
    2010 and 2012 MOTML Champion

I don't mean to be self-serving, but as the proud owner of Jared Cook, Brandon Bostick, and David Ausberry, hell yes!

Ahem. I guess I really don't mean to be self-serving. But base sets with two TEs are pretty well established by now, so this seems like the right way to go.
    That the world is explicable is miraculous, and so explanations need not be the undoing of miracles.

We never learn anything, never in the world, and in spite of all the history books written. There’s a regular warehouse of fine suggestions, and if we’re not better it isn’t because there aren’t plenty of marvelous and true ideas to draw on, but because our vanity weighs more than all of them put together.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bears Fan View Post
    This one is simple. Should TE's be included in the Flex spot? (Officially changing RB/WR to RB/WR/TE). This way you could play two TEs if you wanted to instead of a 2nd RB or 3rd WR.

*Since this rule affects roster decisions it will be applied to the FOLLOWING YEAR (2015). That way managers have an offseason of decision making to account for this change. In 2014 Flex will remain as just RB/WR.*
    I will quibble on 1 note:
    we all said that we couldn't vote on it last year to give us a year to help make off season decisions based on the ruling. Well this is the off season we were going to get. If we make this a rule by this vote, we should institute it this season since we were all aware of it last season. That's my $0.02
    Odd Facts:

The human brain is incapable of producing a face. Any face you see when you dream is one that you have physically viewed at some point in your life.

The Australian aborigine language has over 30 words for “dust.”

Nearly three percent of the ice in Antarctic glaciers is penguin urine.

When you see little white or clear dots floating in your vision, they are actually your own white blood cells.

Agree with Janos as that's the way I understood it.
    Basic, yes, but it was something we rarely saw under former Bears coordinator Ron Turner. Turner's idea of in-game adjustments involved his boxer shorts. -Rick Morrissey.

I have no issue with it taking effect immediately, but rule changes do usually take effect the year after a vote.

Do we have criteria for voting to change rules for a current season? 75%?

Last year we did a majority of votes cast since not every single person makes a vote. I guess we can implement it this year if it's unanimous, but the people who have voted for it already didn't know that when they voted "yes."

I am fine for it this year or next whatever makes everyone happy
    Next thing you know they will take my thoughts away

It passes for sure with a 10-0 vote. However, it will not go into effect until the 2015 season, so it will not be in effect this season. I want to stay as clear as possible in this league and last year we stated that this would be the case when we brought it up last year when some had issues with it.

Last year I said this in the thread about it...

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bears Fan View Post
    This isn't being voted on this year, it was proposed too late. It will be voted on next year, and if it passes it would go in effect the season AFTER that (because it would effect roster decisions that year). If passed the earliest it would go into effect is 2015.
    It does have an immediate effect that you don't have time to prepare for. Teams with two quality TEs suddenly have a bit more value, so in theory you're voting to immediately increase your own value here.

This thread sponsored by Jimmy Graham.

Quote Originally Posted by saljilael View Post
    This thread sponsored by Jimmy Graham.
    Co-signed by Jordan Cameron All-Pro Pass Catcher.