Eagls OL - best in the NFL

according to Lance Zierlein.. he has an article ranking all the OL in the NFL and has PHI ranked as #1. I cannot link or post the article, but will post the eagles excerpt and a little info about Lance.

About Lance Zierlein: Lance grew up in a football family and his father, Larry Zierlein, is an offensive line coach, who has coached college and pro football for 34 years. Larry Zierlein has coached the offensive lines for three different NFL teams (including the Super Bowl winning Steelers in 2008-2009) and in 2013 came out of retirement to join the Arizona Cardinals as an assistant offensive line coach.

Zierlein's offensive line evaluations contain proprietary "STATS Ice" data provided by John Pollard who is the general manager of the Sports Solutions Group from STATS. The STATS Ice program is used by a variety of NFL teams for custom analytics, tendency reports and NFL draft and free agency evaluations.

About the EAGLES... ranked #1.. .also had their "run effectiveness stat" as ranked #1 as well.

Excerpt - I’ll tell you all about the athleticism of the Eagle line and why I like them, but you also need to understand the Chip Kelly’s scheme makes life easier for those guys too. Every other team in the division faced 8+ men in the box against the run more than 26% of their carries, while the Eagles saw only 8+ boxes just 16.6% of their carries, thanks to Kelly’s formations and personnel packages. The Eagle tackles will help to seal the edge again this year, and once that happens, the running creases on inside zone plays will be huge as LBs flow too hard to the perimeters. RT Lane Johnson allowed only 3 sacks over the second half of the season, which is a big reason to expect this offensive line to cut their sack total from 46 last season into the mid-30s this year.

Other division rankings...

7th - DAL OL
    19th - NYG OL
    23rd - WAS OL

I think everyone knows how good they are, but also how fickle OL's can be. A busted toe, torn knee, or pulled pectoral can make you go from worst to first. Last year I thought they performed well, but lacked depth. Hopefully this year the depth gets a little better and keeps me from holding my breath every time someone from the OL goes out for a few plays. I do believe a combination of their athleticism, Chip's Scheme, and Nick Foles quick decision making (as opposed to Vick's desperate desire to make something happen) makes a great, and unique, situation that benefits McCoy and Foles immensely.

I'd expect that with Lane's suspension, Mathis' potential holdout will be closer to reality than I hoped.

"Me against the world? So what…Im Brian Dawkins
    versus the whole 0 and 16 Lions offense
    So bring on the Giants Falcons and Miami Dolphins…"

I'm not a big Mathis fan.
    [I]"It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds." ___ Samuel Adams "Father of the American Revolution"

"Originally Posted by JackBauer"
    I'm still waiting to see the Democrats running on a platform of reduced federal spending.