I need to find a way to block certain stories

Because I keep finding more words written on the guy who allegedly intentionally left his kid in a hot car to die and I really need to stop reading them.

On the one hand, I don't want to have to think about a child suffering that much...but on the other hand, I feel like I need to read the story once I see it because I can't pretend there isn't bad and evil out in the world if I'm to have any hope of protecting my kids against it.
    "Personal foul, 69, offense. He was giving him the business."

This is on Facebook, I take it? If so, there's nothing you can do--you can only block people or remove them from your newsfeed. There's no way to do that for keywords.
    “Since Jesus preached that a ‘spiritual kingdom’ focuses on the world beyond……a true Christian makes a bad citizen. Christians do not care about improving temporal society because they are interested only in a future one.”—Hector Avalos, Fighting Words: The Origins of Religious Violence

Quote Originally Posted by MKHawk View Post
    if I'm to have any hope of protecting my kids against it.
    But that's the dirty little secret in most child abuse/neglect/death cases, it's those who should be caring for the kids who are most often the perpetrators of the crimes. Actual strangers hurting your child is pretty rare. Family, relations, people well known (coaches and the like)...

Who can you trust?
    "the blade itself incites to violence." - Homer

--

"There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs." - Kung fu Monkey

You can block, Jim!! They call that a ****-block!!

Then there is the Crack-Back. There is the Cross-Buck. There is the leg whip. The knee-crack - I wouldn't try that on Jim unless you want to suffer a harrowing experience more traumatizing than these stories..

It's hard to say if that guy did it - but I never liked his photos from the start. Something doesn't smell right about that whole story. There are LOTS of people who kill their kids. Everyday. I cannot fathom how a website developer for Home Depot would use that computer for a search on how long it takes an animal to die in a hot car (and not figure cops would examine it) and then go out to the car to put something in it - on surveillance cams he had to know about (to ostensibly check on whether his son was dead - and I read the net search was days before?). Then he leaves and tries this ruse in public which sold NOBODY.

The only way to explain it is the guy is a psychopath who cracked -- if he did it. His jail photo has guilty written all over him.
    Last edited by Rear Admiral; 06-27-2014 at 06:28 PM.
    Gang Way!

Quote Originally Posted by Jim in NYC View Post
    This is on Facebook, I take it? If so, there's nothing you can do--you can only block people or remove them from your newsfeed. There's no way to do that for keywords.
    No, news sites. The first step is I need to stop going to cnn.com as a news site. What isn't ridiculous celebrity gossip stuff is stuff like this.
    "Personal foul, 69, offense. He was giving him the business."

Looks like I totally misunderstood what you were saying...

ignore my post...

--

"There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs." - Kung fu Monkey

No, news sites. The first step is I need to stop going to cnn.com as a news site. What isn't ridiculous celebrity gossip stuff is stuff like this.
    Ah. I recommend these things called newspapers. When picking one out, you should absolutely stay away from anything that has comics, horoscopes, and/or a good sports section.
    “Since Jesus preached that a ‘spiritual kingdom’ focuses on the world beyond……a true Christian makes a bad citizen. Christians do not care about improving temporal society because they are interested only in a future one.”—Hector Avalos, Fighting Words: The Origins of Religious Violence

Because I keep finding more words written on the guy who allegedly intentionally left his kid in a hot car to die and I really need to stop reading them.

On the one hand, I don't want to have to think about a child suffering that much...but on the other hand, I feel like I need to read the story once I see it because I can't pretend there isn't bad and evil out in the world if I'm to have any hope of protecting my kids against it.
    Same here. It's unbelievably sick. You can't even imagine it could possibly be true.

I have the same issue with Yahoo!....I'd love to save every animal in the shelters around us...but I cannot as I already have two pets (rescued) myself....

I hate reading stories about dogs needing to be saved ASAP....or animal cruelty stories...just makes my blood boil....

That and the celebrity crap as well....
    "I would not join any club that would have someone like me for a member." - Groucho Marx

"Offense, defense and special teams doing their job, each group have different objective and motives, but playing in harmony for each other, for the good of everyone. Wouldn't it be nice if Congress operated the same way?''

-- Giants coach Tom Coughlin, during his team's visit to the White House Friday as the president honored the Giants for winning the Super Bowl

Hides spoilers, eh?

Spoiler alert! The kid dies.
    "Jesus is ideal and wonderful, but you Christians -- you are not like him."

-Gandhi

Nice!

We missed you around these parts!
    "I would not join any club that would have someone like me for a member." - Groucho Marx

Quote Originally Posted by Jim in NYC View Post
    Ah. I recommend these things called newspapers. When picking one out, you should absolutely stay away from anything that has comics, horoscopes, and/or a good sports section.
    So you've never read a newspaper in NYC (except to determine that you should stay away from them)?
    APF doesn't come in screaming at others about how stupid they are. APF doesn't spam NST with the same tired topic 30 times a month. APF doesn't link to some kook in his mom's basement telling you how to, "Be afraid. Be very afraid" of the world falling down around you. And, when APF is proven wrong, he acknowledges he made a mistake and moves on, rather than harping about "sheeple."

-- Cory Bonini

Welchie summarized

Quote Originally Posted by CalgaryHawkFan View Post

ignore my post...
    You posted?
    APF doesn't come in screaming at others about how stupid they are. APF doesn't spam NST with the same tired topic 30 times a month. APF doesn't link to some kook in his mom's basement telling you how to, "Be afraid. Be very afraid" of the world falling down around you. And, when APF is proven wrong, he acknowledges he made a mistake and moves on, rather than harping about "sheeple."

-- Cory Bonini

Welchie summarized

Quote Originally Posted by AndromedaPatFan View Post
    You posted?
    I admit, I laughed.

--