Defensive Rookie Report

http://espn.go.com/blog/denver-bronc...efense-returns

Legwold - gives us some evaluation on the rookies from OTA and mini-camp.

I was willing to trade up for Roby befor the draft, I can't believe we got him at 31. Him slipping not only is a blessing for us, but I believe we got a kid with a chip on his shoulder to prove all the doubters wrong. Plus his mom will put her foot up his ass if he messes around

Our first two picks are going to go down as all time steals IMO

I do like this draft. I expect Barrow to be a player as well - in a JDR defense.

And let's forget about the other "rookies" like Lerentee McCray and Quanterus Smith - I am super excited about those two, and seeing Roby and Barrow
    My happiness is not the means to any end. It is the end. It is its own goal. It is its own purpose.
    ― Ayn Rand, Anthem

Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.
    ― Oscar Wilde

And by the stream there cometh up on its edge, every kind of fruit-tree whose leaf fadeth not; and its fruits hath been for food, and its leaf for medicine.

- Ezekiel 47:12

We need a returner so I can get us in fantasy.
    "Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work" --Thomas Edison

I think if Burse makes the roster - Tamme will not. Tamme is not only versitile and dependable, but he appears to be a Peyton Manning favorite - which means I won't bet on Burse making the initial roster -which in turn means the Broncos figure to be rather pedestrian in the return game. The Bronco's better return guys are Sanders, Welker and Robey who are all more important as starters or near starters. Maybe one of the younger RBs can show something in the return game.

The Patriots are in the same position - they have no descernable return guy either.

Tamme's got to go !
    "Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work" --Thomas Edison

Quote Originally Posted by Broncogreg View Post
    Tamme's got to go !
    Seriously? He's still a great insurance policy especially since Thomas gets banged up fairly often.

I think the snaps go to Green if Thomas goes down. What Tamme has going for him - is the QB believes in him and they are intuitive with each other on the field.

I see Green and Dreessen as fighting for a job and Dreessen being gone. I see Tamme and Thomas as WRs pretending to be TEs. ;). I think we keep Thomas, Green and Tamme. One less than last year.

Quote Originally Posted by SpringStein View Post
    I see Green and Dreessen as fighting for a job and Dreessen being gone. I see Tamme and Thomas as WRs pretending to be TEs. ;). I think we keep Thomas, Green and Tamme. One less than last year.
    I can see them doing that and using Schofield as the extra blocking TE - like they used to use Clark.

Dreessen With as long as he has not played ...........the staff must reallllllllllllllly like him .

Quote Originally Posted by SpringStein View Post
    Seriously? He's still a great insurance policy especially since Thomas gets banged up fairly often.

He stands in the way of me having an all Bronco fantasy team. He has to go.

Tamme will be interesting in this Training Camp.