Buying an Intercom System for my home

Anyone have or have had Intercom in there home? We live in a home with 3 floors if you include the basement which is carpeted and turned into a family type room. By now most of you know I can't walk and the only way I getup of down the stairs is by using one of those Stair lifts that you sit on and it takes me up the stairs and back down. We don't have one going to the basement family room and generally that is used by my daughter and her friends or if family come over. Starting near the end of May we have the AC running pretty much all day every day until sometime near the middle of October. We have 1 AC on each floor along with Ceiling Fans. The problem is having the noise the ACs make along with the Ceiling fans, the TV noise, a teenage daughter who more often then not has her door closed and also wearing headphones makes it very hard for me to get the attention of my daughter and at times even my wife if she's watching TV in the up st airs bedroom or in the basement family room. So I recently jokingly said something to my dad about having the need for a baby monitor in my daughters room. I hadn't realized that getting a home intercom wasn't as expensive as I thought. Anyway now I'd like to purchase a home system with 3 intercoms, but have no idea what I'm looking at and what's important when looking to buy one. I'm not looking to shell out a lot of money, but I don't want to buy one that isn't going to work or is junk that won't last very long. Anyone know the best brands? Do the number of channels matter?

I just need something that allows me to get in touch with my daughter or my wife while they're in the upstairs bedrooms or in the family room just in case I have some medical emergency or I need them for another reason.

Plus it would help get my daughter up for School during the school year.
    Last edited by Lofaw; 06-24-2014 at 01:26 AM.

A bit pricey, but a starting point: http://www.amazon.com/4-Room-Wireles.../dp/B000C0QQ42

And...why don't you just use your cell phone instead? Call the wife/daughter?
    "I would not join any club that would have someone like me for a member." - Groucho Marx

The consistent factor of all of your dissatisfying relationships and failures is you.

R.W. 09.21.10 I love you.

"Stop doing the wrong things. Stop promoting competition and choice as answers to the very inequality that was created by competition and choice."
    ~ Diane Ravitch, Reign of Error

Just make sure your kids don't let their friends make this mistake:

““The problem, often not discovered until late in life, is that when you look for things in life like love, meaning, motivation, it implies they are sitting behind a tree or under a rock. The most successful people in life recognize, that in life they create their own love, they manufacture their own meaning, they generate their own motivation. ”—Neil deGrasse Tyson

The Pyle Pro.....I'm certain your daughter and wife will appreciate this. Just duct tape it to your face.
    "Jesus is ideal and wonderful, but you Christians -- you are not like him."

-Gandhi

Me trying to post images... wel, after multiple tries I hope you get the idea...
    Last edited by DutchBird; 06-24-2014 at 09:09 PM.
    Al Michaels: "That's the loudest manure chant I have ever heared!"

Sleeping barely above the sea... and walking under water