• Nate Webster- No talent and sitting in jail now for raping a child

0 0%
  • Bill Romonowski- Only for the person he was. Great on thefield

3 33.33%
  • Other- Few good options not on here.

1 11.11%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Mingo View Post
    I also have a bone to pick with Berry Sanders - he was my #1 draft pick in fantasy football - I was thinking no one will quit that close to the yardage record.
    What did you do? Draft in April? He retired in July. But back in that time drafts were held pretty early. I remember holding my draft in the middle of July when I first started doing fantasy leagues.
    Last edited by Draft Crazy; 06-24-2014 at 12:37 PM.
    They say that love is more important than money, but have you ever tried to pay your bills with a hug?

I didn't believe his retirment DC - he was talking retirement or just announced it, but he was so close to the all time yardage record - I thought he was just trying to get out of training camp. So I thought I was drafting value - based on what I knew about human nature. I was wrong in Sanders' case (and respect him for that).

Quote Originally Posted by Draft Crazy View Post
    Obviously I know MOffitt is a different situation then Kennison. I was glad Moffitt retired. Bad knees, not playing. It made no sense to me for him to keep playing. I backed him 100% when he retired... I fought with Crash on the proper etique of when it was ok to retire and when it wasn't on this issue.

Barry Sanders retired in the off-season. I don't see what the big deal is. What is the difference between what he and Shannon Sharpe did? Do you hate Sharpe?

You have to be the only person in the history of an NFL fan that I have heard who doesn't like Barry Sanders. I am sorry to hear that. That is a shame.

Shannon Sharpe did everything a player could do in the NFL, and was always sincere and committed to his teams ..

Barry Sanders, IMHO, was a hypocritical little prick who bailed when he realized he couldn't dictate who the QB was or how the organization was run... It's not a shame at all - there are plenty of NFL players who have earned my respect not from the highlight films but from showing true character and the willingness to go all out no matter the situation
    Last edited by lucas707; 06-25-2014 at 02:07 AM.
    My happiness is not the means to any end. It is the end. It is its own goal. It is its own purpose.
    ― Ayn Rand, Anthem

Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.
    ― Oscar Wilde

And by the stream there cometh up on its edge, every kind of fruit-tree whose leaf fadeth not; and its fruits hath been for food, and its leaf for medicine.

- Ezekiel 47:12

Sanders' retirement came somewhat unexpectedly and was a matter of controversy. Two years earlier, Sanders had renewed his contract with the Lions for $35.4 million over six years with an $11 million signing bonus. The Lions demanded that he return $5.5 million of the bonus. Sanders refused, and the Lions sued. On February 15, 2000, an arbitrator ruled that Sanders had to immediately repay $1.833 million, or one-sixth of the bonus, with the remaining bonus to be repaid over each of the three years Sanders had left on the contract provided he stayed retired. Before the ruling, Sanders offered to pay back the entire $5.5 million in return for his release from the team. The Lions refused, stating they would welcome Sanders back to the team; otherwise, they would honor his announced retirement. Sanders' agent David Ware lobbied the team to trade his client.

He was prepared to play for another team - a "winning" team ..... He bailed, and played the part of martyr
    My happiness is not the means to any end. It is the end. It is its own goal. It is its own purpose.
    ― Ayn Rand, Anthem

Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.
    ― Oscar Wilde

And by the stream there cometh up on its edge, every kind of fruit-tree whose leaf fadeth not; and its fruits hath been for food, and its leaf for medicine.

who the hell is tom 155 ?

By the way I don't get the hate for Romo ...at all .. I must be not in the norm on this.. but I loved all of his BS He was a blast to watch. He was mean as a snake and I loved to watch him strike ...he wanted to win at all cost... I bet if we would of had him on staff the last two SB trophies would of been lifted by our players.

Crash, this one is for you ..

Big time players, big time games

― Ayn Rand, Anthem

― Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by 56crash View Post
    By the way I don't get the hate for Romo ...at all .. I must be not in the norm on this.. but I loved all of his BS He was a blast to watch. He was mean as a snake and I loved to watch him strike ...he wanted to win at all cost... I bet if we would of had him on staff the last two SB trophies would of been lifted by our players.
    I don't think anyone here was saying they hated Romo.

Why are you calling not hating Romo the norm? I think it was the norm for opposing teams to hate him.

Some didn't like his actions but there is no question he was a helluva an impact.

I mean Romo spit on JJ Stokes made racist comments and sent his teammate into intensive care and plastic surgery during his career. Some people don't like him. But I am guessing most of those people aren't Bronco fans.

I am guessing a good christian like Geo, that he wasn't his favorite Bronco.
    They say that love is more important than money, but have you ever tried to pay your bills with a hug?

Quote Originally Posted by Draft Crazy View Post
    I am guessing a good christian like Geo, that he wasn't his favorite Bronco.
    I do my best to keep religion and politics out of my comments here, but I had to respond to this. ;)

Yes, I am a Christian. No, I'm not all that good. And yes, Romo wouldn't ever make my list as a favorite Bronco.

noHe helped us win two SB's I Like people that hate to lose ... I have no problem Him get hot headed in a game heck there is some crazy ass stuff goes on so yes I like at least one nut on the team . Would want him at my house for BBQ ? no But I sure wish we had him on our staff right now.

Name one time were he was not in the heat of battle were he said one thing wrong. It never happened . I bet JJ stokes was up to no good. Or romo wanted him to start messing up either way I don't judge people for messing up one time that is Quite silly.
    Last edited by 56crash; 06-26-2014 at 12:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lucas707 View Post
    Crash, this one is for you ..

Big time players, big time games

Yep he knew how to fire up players .. Also were he went SB's seemed to not fare off for that said team ... he hated to lose.

Crash, nobody is ragging on Romo the player. The reasons why one may not like him is because of the person and his actions. You don't need to sit here and justify him as a player. You're wasteing your time in doing so. Everyone knows what he did for the team.

Dale Carter
    was stench on earth

There's an old story about Lyndon Johnson - a reporter ran up to question him about the US support for an authoritarian government - calling out in exasperation - "He's a Son-of-a-Bitch." Johnson said: "Yes, but he's our Son-of-a-Bitch."

As a player on the field Romo thrilled me and some times disqusted me - off the field I was usually embarrased.
    Last edited by Mingo; 06-26-2014 at 11:01 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123