Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFan2003 View Post
    Even Wolfowitz, while he's criticizing Obama, acknowledges that many of the conditions were terrible or beyond Obama's control. Rumsfeld tries to obfuscate the obvious failure of himself and the Bush administration. (We didn't know what we didn't know until we knew that we didn't know.)

Not Cheney. So sure of himself he's dangerous. Either that or he's part of the political thinking to never admit when you're wrong. Either way he's an example of stupidity in an otherwise smart person.
    Actually, he's the opposite of stupid. Say anything with conviction and a lot of people will believe you.
    I've got binders full of women
    and a one point plan.

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFan2003 View Post
    Not Cheney. So sure of himself he's dangerous.
    Cheney is the boldest, but the entire group suffers from dangerous blend of neo-colonialism and hyper-militarism. Basically, every international problem can be solved by long-term military intervention and the infusion of American corporate influence.
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be."
    -Kurt Vonnegut "Mother Night"

I don't know how many here watched Rachael Maddow's show called "Why we went" but there is a mountain of documentation from within the administration that points to American control over the Iraqi oil as the primary reason. They hatched the idea to invade Iraq prior to 9/11, then set about looking to build the case for the public's consumption. Its almost Cheezy like in its sinister conspiracy attributes, but the documents are extraordinarily plain in telling that this is what happened.
    "What's so funny about peace , love and understanding?" - Elvis Costello

Quote Originally Posted by KickSave View Post
    I don't know how many here watched Rachael Maddow's show called "Why we went" but there is a mountain of documentation from within the administration that points to American control over the Iraqi oil as the primary reason.
    So, we control that oil now?

Quote Originally Posted by KickSave View Post
    I don't know how many here watched Rachael Maddow's show called "Why we went" but there is a mountain of documentation from within the administration that points to American control over the Iraqi oil as the primary reason. They hatched the idea to invade Iraq prior to 9/11, then set about looking to build the case for the public's consumption. Its almost Cheezy like in its sinister conspiracy attributes, but the documents are extraordinarily plain in telling that this is what happened.
    I didn't watch the show, but I am aware the war was pretty much a priority foe Cheney pre 9/11. I've called him the most corrupt elected official in US history and i stand by that.

Remember that besides the oil itself, he slid right from being CEO of a war profiteering company to starting a war for oil, one of their primary businesses, after selecting himself as Vice President, being the head of that search committee.
    and a one point plan.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFin View Post
    Oil men aren't in control of the white house now.

Did you ever see the movie Goldfinger? Instead of stealing the gold in fort Knox, goldfinger makes it radioactive so it can't be touched, thereby increasing the value of his own gold supply.

According to Greg Palast, there were two competing plans for Iraqi oil, the second, proposed by oil executive, politician and lawyer James Baker, was to stop the supply of Iraqi oil to the world market. With the oil connections of Bush 1 Bush 2 Cheney Baker et all, the complicity of Saudi Arabia, they merely needed to simultaneously turn off the US and Saudi forces and bingo, double the prices in a short time for their friends and they could play the oil futures market like a fixed horse race.
    http://www.gregpalast.com/the-best-t...d-for-big-oil/

How? I knew there was only one man who could swat away the entire neo-con army: James Baker, former Secretary of State, Bush family consiglieri and most important, counsel to Exxon-Mobil Corporation and the House of Saud.

Oil men, whether James Baker or George Bush or Dick Cheney, are not in the business of producing oil. They are in the business of producing profits.

And they’ve succeeded. Iraq, capable of producing six to 12 million barrels of oil a day, still exports well under its old OPEC quota of three million barrels.
    http://www.globalresearch.ca/was-the...prices/5329126
    Last edited by RayClay; 06-20-2014 at 04:02 PM.
    and a one point plan.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFin View Post
    US based oil companies have/had massive oil production/processing contracts in Iraq that weren't possible when Saddam was there, and that was the ultimate goal - to get our oil industry into that massive untapped market. Inevitably, our good buddies in China have also taken up shop there too.

http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/fea...134071641.html

Baghdad, Iraq - While the US military has formally ended its occupation of Iraq, some of the largest western oil companies, ExxonMobil, BP and Shell, remain.

On November 27, 38 months after Royal Dutch Shell announced its pursuit of a massive gas deal in southern Iraq, the oil giant had its contract signed for a $17bn flared gas deal.

Three days later, the US-based energy firm Emerson submitted a bid for a contract to operate at Iraq's giant Zubair oil field, which reportedly holds some eight million barrels of oil.

Earlier this year, Emerson was awarded a contract to provide crude oil metering systems and other technology for a new oil terminal in Basra, currently under construction in the Persian Gulf, and the company is installing control systems in the power stations in Hilla and Kerbala.
    "Prior to the 2003 invasion and occupation of Iraq, US and other western oil companies were all but completely shut out of Iraq's oil market," oil industry analyst Antonia Juhasz told Al Jazeera. "But thanks to the invasion and occupation, the companies are now back inside Iraq and producing oil there for the first time since being forced out of the country in 1973."
    Last edited by KickSave; 06-20-2014 at 04:16 PM.
    "What's so funny about peace , love and understanding?" - Elvis Costello

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12