McCoy on Chip's Message - buy in or get out

Running back LeSean McCoy says coach Chip Kelly caught the Philadelphia Eagles' attention with the release of wide receiver DeSean Jackson, and the message was clear: Buy in or get out.

"The whole DeSean Jackson thing, that helped out, to be honest, in making all the other guys aware," McCoy told NFL.com last week for a story posted Monday. "It's all possible. They'll cut one of your best guys if [he's] not buying in.

"On any team -- any team -- you look at that, and as a player, you can look at it from so many different sides, but no matter how good you are, you gotta follow these guidelines. And if you don't, you could be gone . . . You gotta buy in."

It should be that way for every team. Guys like Jackson are not usually part of championship teams.

The Eagles had 100% attendance to their OTA. Nice.
    Chip is the man!

Quote Originally Posted by Deano View Post
    The Eagles had 100% attendance to their OTA. Nice.
    That is pretty impressive.

Lots of crap went on DJAX, but I really think it came down to a choice between Maclin and DJAX. Maclin was there every day working hard, buying in. DJAX was out running his record label. I suspect Maclin made it clear he was only signing if he had a chance to be the number one, which basically was a him or me choice. I feel the organization really likes Maclin - both his capability and the example he set - not to mention that he cost less money this year.

Jackson was not a good example for the young guys on O UNTIL he was cut.

Hopefully the days of falling to ground without being hit or running out of bounds with 3 yards still available...are now over.

Im very excited about our skill giys going forward.

Shady is gonna go nuts. Maclin should ball out. Sproles is gonna do his thing. Cooper his. Ertz & the rest of the TEs are gonna be damn good as a unit and the rookie WRs should be awesome in time.

As long as the ol stays healthy & Foles continues to progress..we'll still be top 5 in O.

Yeah people often forget about the offensive line. You can argue that the real difference with this Eagles team last year was the health of Jason Peters. Quality line play can make any offensive system work.

I agree that, especially with Foles, this o-line play will be crucial. I like that they have some younger pieces in Kelce and Johnson but the left side is ancient.

Offensive line is one of those positions where players are often very productive into their mid and late 30's. The onsite of age with naturally adding a little weight and losing a little speed doesn't negatively impact a lineman very much and can actually be a little helpful. And then there is such a cerebral part to the process that being experienced really helps.

As I said in another post though, I want to be surprised. They have invested alot of time and effort into young guys like Kelly, Tobin and Bamiro and you would like to see them develop into solid players. How about a training camp surprise of one of them beating Herremans or Mathis out of a starting job?

Yeah, im not worried about the oline. As lineman get older, they trade physical ability with for technique, experience and often gains in strength. Peters when healthy is by far the best LT in football, and johnson added some bulk, if he can keep his movement, he should be a top 10 rt for years to come. I think we gotta hope barbre can win the rg job because i think herrimins is average at best these days.

Im actually excited to see how chip uses sproles abd ertz this year. He seems dedicated to running a different personnel package every season so film wont be a big disadvantage against him. Only thing better than not giving your foe film, is giving Him film that is different than what you intend to do. Classic double agent move. I may have been soured a bit early on in the draft process, but i believe in chip, and i think we r gonna get 13 wins this year. Our schedule is absolute cake.
    "you know my rap, 21 and 10"

Desean, the sacrificial lamb.

Can't really say I am rooting for Herremans to lose his job. He has been a really good Eagle for a really long time and I think was integral to Johnson's development last year. Just seems like a great guy and arguably has several good years left. The fact that some consider him the weak link is really more of a tribute to how great this line is.

But its the nature of Training Camp and the competitive environment that these teams create that just about every player should have the opportunity to beat someone out and win a job. For the Eagles OL this seems to be the Guard positions as you can tell by the contracts that the tackles and center are not going anywhere. I would like to see this happen as it just proves the point that there is a real competition going on and not just going through the motions.

I don't get the sense Herremans is about to lose his job.

I do agree with Tech. As lineman get older, they more than make up with the loss of the youthful physical ability with technique and experience. Hopefully the sag in Todd's play was the transfer from the Tackle position... at least I hope. If he put some weight back on, he should be more comfortable with a camp in him, I hope. Barbre played very well, but he's no kid either. So at a minimum, we do have options... which is nice. I sure hope you guys are right with Mac being a different player this go round. Will he reach out across the middle, knowing he's about to get smoked. Like Djax got his head taken off with a helmet to helmet shot against Atlanta with a concussion. I'm not so sure, but we'll all know soon enough.
    [I]"It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds." ___ Samuel Adams "Father of the American Revolution"

"Originally Posted by JackBauer"
    I'm still waiting to see the Democrats running on a platform of reduced federal spending.