Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 26 of 26
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Southern Cal
    Posts
    7,370
    It was amazing we saw a murderer panicking and trying to flee.
    "You don't understand, there was shrinkage."

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    'Philly'
    Posts
    54,653
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremiah View Post
    It was amazing we saw a murderer panicking and trying to flee.
    He was innocent.
    I promise I won't do it again

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    10,773
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyped View Post
    Having a O.J. thread in NST would have been epic.....we would have folks defending his innocence, folks discussing the race angle, folks discussing the domestic violence angle, folks discussing the fame angle, etc...etc....

    In those days, it was all talk radio basically...TV shows like Geraldo....and of course the news...no damn internet yet...(at least for the most of us)...
    CNN pretty much carpet-bombed the TV with coverage, insight etc. Vincent Bugliosi was on almost every night doing "coaches corner" in analyzing the attorneys. It was addicting for me to watch.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Mount Airy, MD
    Posts
    31,410
    An OJ thread would have been 1,000 pages long

    I still go back to AAs celebrating the verdict. Many were celebrating a black man beating the system, I get that. But many appeared to believed he was innocent. Now nobody believes he was innocent. Not sure what changed.
    6 Footers For Bogey Really Suck

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Southern Cal
    Posts
    7,370
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrell Green Fan View Post
    An OJ thread would have been 1,000 pages long

    I still go back to AAs celebrating the verdict. Many were celebrating a black man beating the system, I get that. But many appeared to believed he was innocent. Now nobody believes he was innocent. Not sure what changed.
    Not positive about the numbers but I heard a report a few day ago that 40% of AA still think he is innocent and at the time of the verdict like 60% thought he was innocent.
    "You don't understand, there was shrinkage."

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    The peanut gallery....
    Posts
    37,567
    Quote Originally Posted by griz View Post
    CNN pretty much carpet-bombed the TV with coverage, insight etc. Vincent Bugliosi was on almost every night doing "coaches corner" in analyzing the attorneys. It was addicting for me to watch.
    I avoided most of the TV coverage, but constantly heard about updates in the case from people. It really was all people talked about for 2 years from the car chase to the 35 million civil verdict.....
    "I would not join any club that would have someone like me for a member." - Groucho Marx

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    44,914
    My boss at the time had the misfortune of being named Marsha Clark.
    “If I can’t have fun with it, why do it?”—Chef Rick Moonen

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Southeast
    Posts
    46,207
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyped View Post
    Having a O.J. thread in NST would have been epic.....we would have folks defending his innocence, folks discussing the race angle, folks discussing the domestic violence angle, folks discussing the fame angle, etc...etc....

    In those days, it was all talk radio basically...TV shows like Geraldo....and of course the news...no damn internet yet...(at least for the most of us)...
    Which folks do you think would have defended his innocence?
    I thought he was guilty as sin. I had plenty good arguments with my barber on that.
    "Biologists must constantly keep in mind that what they see was not designed but rather evolved." - Francis Crick.

    "For since the creation of the world, God's invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse." - Romans 1:20

    "It's one reason I hate reading what Tyke writes. It just annoys the hell out of me." - Big Pink Monkey

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    The peanut gallery....
    Posts
    37,567
    Quote Originally Posted by tyke1doe View Post
    Which folks do you think would have defended his innocence?
    I thought he was guilty as sin. I had plenty good arguments with my barber on that.
    Probably Cheezy or AV....LOL.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I would not join any club that would have someone like me for a member." - Groucho Marx

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Tied to the KFFL merry-go-round
    Posts
    24,572
    Quote Originally Posted by tyke1doe View Post
    I had plenty good arguments with my barber on that.
    Arguing with a pro-OJ guy with ready access to sharp pointy objects and razors. Good call.
    "My life is not easy, but it's awesome." - Steve Gleason

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    'Philly'
    Posts
    54,653
    Quote Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
    Arguing with a pro-OJ guy with ready access to sharp pointy objects and razors. Good call.
    Tyker?



    Tyker?



    Tyker???

    I promise I won't do it again

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  






Fantasy Football Rankings


Part of USA TODAY Sports Digital Properties.