This was posted on my FB wall by a local Radio Station. I often enjoy these types of lists.
Which of these facts would you have known? [I'll Bold the ones I knew]
1. Vin Diesel is a Dungeons & Dragons geek - he even wrote a forward to a book about the game!
2. Hippo's produce pink milk
3. The real name of Woody from Disney's 'Toy Story' is actually "Woody Pride."
4. Barbie's REAL name is 'Barbara Millicent Roberts'
5. Honey NEVER goes bad!
6. Cookie Monster's real name is actually Sid.
7. Blue Whales' hearts are so huge that a human could swim through the arteries of his heart.
8. You really DO have a larger chance of being killed by a vending machine than by a shark.
Didn't exactly know this, but if someone ask I would have said they did.
9. The 'Home Alone' release date is closer to the day man landed on the moon than it is to today.
SKIPPED 10 & 11
12. The Aztec Empire IS NOT as old as the UK's Oxford University
13. The actual Humpty Dumpty rhyme never says he's an egg.
14. Most armadillo babies are identical quadruplets
15. Betty White is technically older than sliced bread....so, sadly, we can't say "she's the best thing since sliced bread."
16. As humans, we share 50% of our DNA with bananas.
17. New York City is actually further down south on a map than Rome, Italy.
18. The closest U.S. state to the continent of Africa is Maine.
19. There's more FAKE flamingos in the world than REAL ones.
20. In 1889, Nintendo was started as a trading card company.
Seriously??? 1889? That can't be right can it?
21. Since the last time the Chicago Cubs won the World Series, women didn't have the right to vote in the U.S.
22. Since the Cubs last won the World Series...lollipops were invented.
23. Today, Will Smith is older than James Avery (Uncle Phil) was when he began acting as Smith's uncle on The Fresh Prince
24. A billion seconds = 32 years. A million seconds = 11 days.
Not something I just think about, but just shows how much more a Billion is compared to a Million
25. There's more stars in the galaxy than there are grains of sand on Earth.
26. Cleopatra was alive closer to the invention of the iPhone than the building of the Great Pyramid.
27. If you took out all of the water from Lake Superior....you could cover North & South America with 1 foot of water.
28. America has more public libraries than McDonald's locations.
Yeah and I bet 10's of Thousand's more people visit McDonald's then the public library every year
30. We snap more pics EVERY 2 MINUTES than THE ENTIRE 19th century.
31. Russia's surface area is larger than Pluto's.
32. Ricky Gervais used to be in a wave pop duo called 'Seona Dancing'
33. Barbara Walters, Anne Frank and MLK Jr. were all born in 1929.