Pete Carroll said he would not have left USC if he had known sanctions were coming

Linky:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-...174808705.html

Hmmm... Anyone believe this?
    Herbert F. Kornfield Killed Off

Midstate Office Supply

\m/

"If I die before the Allman Brothers quit touring, I died knowing that I had one more kick ass show to go to."

- vikesguy

Yeah, delusional Seahawks fans
    Pythagoras circa 500 B.C...
    "Evolution is the law of Life, Number is the law of the universe, Unity is the law of God."

Welcome back, LeBron!

Quote Originally Posted by Snake Eyes View Post
    We don't have enough facts to believe it, we also don't have enough facts to know what he says is not true

But it sure seems like you have come to an strong opinion without access to all the facts.
    You can't be the best unless you can beat the best

I think this was something that Carroll should have just left alone. The people who oppose him won't believe it and the people who support him won't care.
    The trouble with the world today is the intelligent people are full of doubt and the dumb people are full of confidence - Charles Bukowski

Quote Originally Posted by Warden View Post
    We don't have enough facts to believe it, we also don't have enough facts to know what he says is not true

But it sure seems like you have come to an strong opinion without access to all the facts.
    How about the simple fact it's not rational? He was willing to jump from a consistently championship-contending USC Trojan program for the NFL, but he wouldn't have jumped from a sanction-crippled one? That just doesn't make any sense. It's not like the sanctions were out of nowhere either, the investigation was a fairly drawn out process. He may not have known the severity, but it seems unlikely he didn't know something was coming, unless he thought they were going to get away with it.
    Last edited by Xulu Bak; 06-11-2014 at 09:24 AM.

JMR is offline defender of the high life
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake Eyes View Post
    Just speaking for myself, as a Hawks fan I really could not care much less about PC's USC days. It has pretty much no bearing on what's happening in Seattle, and he's there now so that's a lot more important than not being at USC. And I also agree with Flyer: would have been better to say nothing.
    U MAD BRO??

Yeah to be honest I couldn't care less about his USC days. I care that he is a Super Bowl winning coach.
    The trouble with the world today is the intelligent people are full of doubt and the dumb people are full of confidence - Charles Bukowski

According to him it was the opportunity he was waiting for to return to the NFL. He'd had offers before but none with the level of total control that Paul Allen offered. I can also see his point about feeling that after 5 years of working on the process with no action taken he didn't expect it to come down, let alone so hard.

Don't particularly care much about the issue but I find the vitriol aimed at PC a tad bit misguided. It wasn't him after all, it was Reggie Bush and his family that did the damage yet I don't hear squat about how they destroyed USC, just about PC taking the Seahawks Job to avoid penalties. He's also right in that the sanctions harmed the school and students, not the perps.

Pete Carroll said he would not have left USC if he had known sanctions were c...

I don't believe Carroll here, but I also don't buy the notion that the penalties were WHY he left.

I think he genuinely wanted to return to the NFL and was presented a good opportunity in a great football city with a great owner and good pay. He could have probably taken a Jacksonville/Buffalo type opportunity in the past, but with two failed attempts already, it wasn't worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by HawksFanNorth View Post
    According to him it was the opportunity he was waiting for to return to the NFL. He'd had offers before but none with the level of total control that Paul Allen offered. I can also see his point about feeling that after 5 years of working on the process with no action taken he didn't expect it to come down, let alone so hard.

Don't particularly care much about the issue but I find the vitriol aimed at PC a tad bit misguided. It wasn't him after all, it was Reggie Bush and his family that did the damage yet I don't hear squat about how they destroyed USC, just about PC taking the Seahawks Job to avoid penalties. He's also right in that the sanctions harmed the school and students, not the perps.
    Plenty of people in LA blame Reggie.
    The stand your ground law is like bleach. It works miracles for whites but it'll ruin your colors.

Truth be told, if he was looking simply to get out of USC before the penalties, he really stepped in doodoo. He is one of the highest paid coaches in the NFL without almost complete control of his team to the point of hiring his own GM.

Not a lot of coaches get that much less a coach on the run.

I agree with 837 that PC wanted back in the NFL and Sea was a great opportunity. Almost perfect one could say when you take into consideration his coaching style and the where Seattle as a football organization was at at the time. I can't see how he didn't know the hammer was gonna drop at SC through. He created the perfect atmosphere for it to happen. Mike Garrett bears blame as well.
    The world is a toll-free toilet
    Our mouths neurological ass0s
    And psychologically speaking
    We're in a state of mental diarrhea
    Talking sh*t a mile a minute
    Or in a state of constipated notions
    Can't think of nothin' but sh*t, and in this world of stinky futures
    Sh*tty memories and constipated 19 now-nows
    Emerges from the hiney of your head the doo doo chasers
    The Promentalsh*tbackwashpsychosisenemasquad
    Bringing you music to get your sh*t together by