Damn, no hope then

Nevermind, the Rams are highly competitive, they won seven games last year in the hardest division in football, due to luck, according to Pro Football Focus. The Rams have the second worst overall starters in the NFL only above the Jags. While Seattle is first and the Whiners are second. Robert Quinn was elite, while the second best player was Jake Long, who was rated as high quality. 70.8 of the starters were rated as average or worse.

I guess my optimism is misplaced for this up coming season.
    Pythagoras circa 500 B.C...
    "Evolution is the law of Life, Number is the law of the universe, Unity is the law of God."

Welcome back, LeBron!

I think the entirety of the Rams roster is better than that, but I don't see them as a serious contender with Checkdown Sammy.

Q, thinks it is the great coaching of Jeff Fisher!

Ha!
    "Evolution is the law of Life, Number is the law of the universe, Unity is the law of God."

Welcome back, LeBron!

Reality is a bitch isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by LASam View Post
    Reality is a bitch isn't it?
    Like the fact, the Whiners and Rams haven't won a Super Bowl in awhile.

Of course, the Whiners wait has been longer.
    Last edited by Snake Eyes; 06-09-2014 at 11:06 PM.

Welcome back, LeBron!

Quote Originally Posted by Snake Eyes View Post
    Like the fact, the Whiners and Rams haven't won a Super Bowl in awhile.

Of course, the Whiners wait has been longer.
    Yep but a lot more to look at in the trophy case.

PFF backing up Dana Stubblefields theory.
    The stand your ground law is like bleach. It works miracles for whites but it'll ruin your colors.

Quote Originally Posted by Snake Eyes View Post
    Nevermind, the Rams are highly competitive, they won seven games last year in the hardest division in football, due to luck, according to Pro Football Focus. The Rams have the second worst overall starters in the NFL only above the Jags. While Seattle is first and the Whiners are second. Robert Quinn was elite, while the second best player was Jake Long, who was rated as high quality. 70.8 of the starters were rated as average or worse.

I guess my optimism is misplaced for this up coming season.
    4 playoff quality teams in one div, somebody has to come up short

Quote Originally Posted by Niner Empire View Post
    4 playoff quality teams in one div, somebody has to come up short
    Yeah, the aging Cardinals

Welcome back, LeBron!

It is going to be interesting as hell to watch that defense develop. I can't remember a defense with more young potential all at once in a long, long time.

Quote Originally Posted by ducky View Post
    It is going to be interesting as hell to watch that defense develop. I can't remember a defense with more young potential all at once in a long, long time.
    Agree. The front four may be the best in the NFL within the next couple of years.

That's probably a bit harsh on the Rams. They have a lot of potential for growth. The front 7 is filthy and I think Olgetree could take a big step. The OL is the big question mark, but if you can get a healthy year from Saffold and Long, it is one of the more talented ones around. Bradford was showing something last year before he got hurt, so hopefully he can at least be an Alex Smith type. The WRs are the big question mark. They need 2-3 pass catchers to step up. They have some talent, but it hasn't produced. Stacy and Mason is a nice RB combo.

The secondary is still a worry though. They haven't really upgraded a unit that struggled so badly last year.
    "Governing doesn’t disappear when government shrinks; instead corporations come to govern your life — like HMO’s, oil companies, drug companies, agribusiness, and so on, with accountability only to maximizing profit, not to public needs." - George Lakoff

I was giving Snake eyes a hard time, but truthfully the Rams have a lot of talent and if they can get any kind of consistent QB play from Bradford they'll be tough to deal with.

If history is any indicator, the Seahawks and 9ers may both take a step back this year. They've both played a lot of football and in the Niners case have suffered some key losses in the secondary that may hurt them. I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see the Cards and Rams staying close in the division this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Nastradamus View Post
    That's probably a bit harsh on the Rams. They have a lot of potential for growth. The front 7 is filthy and I think Olgetree could take a big step. The OL is the big question mark, but if you can get a healthy year from Saffold and Long, it is one of the more talented ones around. Bradford was showing something last year before he got hurt, so hopefully he can at least be an Alex Smith type. The WRs are the big question mark. They need 2-3 pass catchers to step up. They have some talent, but it hasn't produced. Stacy and Mason is a nice RB combo.

The secondary is still a worry though. They haven't really upgraded a unit that struggled so badly last year.
    I know it is just OTAs but Kenny Britt is looking great, be it making plays and his attitude. He seems to understand this is a tremendous opportunity. As far as the secondary, I am really excited about the rook Joyner, the guy is a natural born leader and could easily become the leader of the secondary. The rest of the secondary is a concern, the only thing they have going for them, will having a tremendous pass rush will prove to be beneficial.

Welcome back, LeBron!