View Poll Results: Which is the Ultimate Death Scream?

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • Wilhelm Scream

1 50.00%
  • Howie Yargh

1 50.00%

Wilhelm vs Howie

The Wilhelm Scream

vs.

The Howie Scream

I hate both of these canned special effects, and wish they would just record an original death scream if the movie needs it, or at least use a less obvious one. But between the two of them, the Wilhelm scream definitely breaks the mood of a movie for me. I can't help but hear it, and can't help but think of some of the other times it has been used. Which completely pulls me out of the movie. I know it has become kind of a right of passage for sound editors and an inside joke of sorts to find just where in a movie it is (it's in like 75% of action movies it seems).

So for others who hate it as much as I do, vote for whichever you hate less, and if you like them vote for which you like more. Maybe we can decide once and for all, right here on KFFL the ultimate canned special effects death scream

As an editor, let me just say that audio editing is a pain in the *ss. So yeah, LOTS of shows/productions/movies don't spend the money on it they should.

What are some other favorite audio blunders you hear over and over again in movies?

Mine?

The Kookaburra in every jungle movie ever made. I'm pretty sure there was a fvcking Kookaburra on the planet in 'Avatar.' For those not in the know, Kookaburras are only found in one place - Australia.

I was watching some other movie a couple of weeks ago, and they had a loon call in a jungle scene.

Lazy.
    "the blade itself incites to violence." - Homer

--

"There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs." - Kung fu Monkey