Fat-Cat Administrators at the Top 25

The salaries of the top 25 college/university presidents average nearly $1 million a year. Probably not surprising news. But when those colleges/universities are examined a little closer:

-Compensation for the administrators has increased by 1/3 since 2008
    -Student debt is worse than at other schools.
    -Administrative spending is twice the spending on student aid.
    -The percentage of tenured faculty members fell dramatically, while part-time adjunct faculty increased more than twice as fast as the national average for all universities.

The “worst overall offenders,” the study said, were Ohio State, Penn State, the University of Minnesota, the University of Michigan and the University of Delaware.
    This is what i keep telling folk when they want to blame classroom educators for the the high costs of everything: They've cut classroom investment and quietly shifted those dollars elsewhere, in this case back to administration...and you the taxpayer/sucker who demanded tenure be rescinded(!) haven't seen a damn dime in relief as a result, and in most cases are paying out even more!

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2014/05/24...html?referrer=
    "Stop doing the wrong things. Stop promoting competition and choice as answers to the very inequality that was created by competition and choice."
    ~ Diane Ravitch, Reign of Error

Unfortunately schools have bought into the "executive hype" machine just like corporations, and they have found the need to pump more and more to the top.
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be."
    -Kurt Vonnegut "Mother Night"

A stupid question perhaps, but how can there be more spending when tenured folks are downward spiraling and part-time help is blowing up? Shouldn't that be saving money?
    I'm your mama, I'm your daddy
    I'm that nigga in the alley
    I'm your doctor when in need
    Want some coke, have some weed
    You know me, I'm your friend
    Your main boy, thick and thin

I'm your pusherman
    I'm your pusherman

Ain't I clean, bad machine
    Super cool, super mean
    Dealin' good for the Man,
    Superfly, here I stand
    Secret stash, heavy bread
    Baddest bitches in the bed

I'm your pusherman
    I'm your pusherman
    I'm your pusherman

Quote Originally Posted by ForWhoForWhat? View Post
    The salaries of the top 25 college/university presidents average nearly $1 million a year. Probably not surprising news. But when those colleges/universities are examined a little closer:
    The OP was a little confusing... it's

"...presidents at the 25 public universities that pay their presidents the most have seen their compensation soar since 2008."
    I promise I won't do it again