View Poll Results: What was (or likely will be) your sexual status when you first take the marriage vows

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • I am married. I was a virgin when I took my marriage vows.

2 5.41%
  • I am not married, but I fully expect to be a virgin when I get married.

0 0%
  • I do not plan on getting married and I expect to die a virgin (seriously).

0 0%
  • I am married but was not a virgin when I got married.

20 54.05%
  • I am not married, but I am not a virgin (or don't expect to be one when I get married).

7 18.92%
  • I don't ever plan on getting married, but I do plan on having sex anyway (or already have).

8 21.62%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexPKeaton View Post
    How important is marriage when it comes to sex?

Were you a virgin when you got married? Or will you be?
    best sex I had in my life I wanted to get married too....

...so I'll go for pretty important
    Herbert F. Kornfield Killed Off

Midstate Office Supply

\m/

"If I die before the Allman Brothers quit touring, I died knowing that I had one more kick ass show to go to."

- vikesguy

Quote Originally Posted by ErkTheJerk View Post
    "This is a pubic poll therefore your response will be visible to all viewers"
    It doesn't seem to be... I wasn't a virgin when I got married and neither was my wife (and no I wasn't the first).

I would say marriage isn't important to sex but sex is important to marriage. I think many won't marry someone who doesn't bring the goods, (for non-virgins anyways)

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFan2003 View Post
    I would say marriage isn't important to sex but sex is important to marriage. I think many won't marry someone who doesn't bring the goods, (for non-virgins anyways)
    I agree. I openly admit that sex is a big deal to my girlfriend. Good sex is something I have to have.

That said, I don't plan to be married but I am pretty committed right now. I see no reason to be married before having sex. Enjoy life, just don't be bringing babies into the world if you don't want to support them.

Wifey and I were together 8 years before we got married. We lived together for about 6 of those years. Marriage was something we did to "make it official" what was known for years beforehand.

People are different and ultimately it doesn't matter what you do.
    "I would not join any club that would have someone like me for a member." - Groucho Marx

Quote Originally Posted by NoSlowBuffalo View Post
    I agree. I openly admit that sex is a big deal to my girlfriend. Good sex is something I have to have.

That said, I don't plan to be married but I am pretty committed right now. I see no reason to be married before having sex. Enjoy life, just don't be bringing babies into the world if you don't want to support them.
    This is the gf who not the safe one but the close friend that you were attracted to correct?
    Mac9, to the true warrior. the ultimate competitor and the most worth adversary any athlete has ever faced off against. He was an inspiration for both his on the field play, off the field contributions and his leadership. The world is now a worse place without him.

"Have the courage to have your wisdom regarded as stupidity" - Justice Antonin Scalia

"Just because you're the lone voice in the wilderness, it doesn't mean you're wrong."
    - Ghandi

Quote Originally Posted by ErkTheJerk View Post
    "This is a pubic poll therefore your response will be visible to all viewers"
    LOL... I see what you did there...
    Cherish your children for who they are, not who you'd like them to be.

My wife and I were not virgins but we did abstain from sex until we were married.

Greatest decision I ever made, our marriage is strong and God centered. I wish people could understand what a great thing this is for a marriage.

We have such great memories of our courtship.
    Ignorance is those who disparage believers....12 They will come and shout for joy on the heights of Zion; they will rejoice in the bounty of the LORD—the grain, the new wine and the olive oil, the young of the flocks and herds. They will be like a well-watered garden, and they will sorrow no more.
    13 Then young women will dance and be glad, young men and old as well. I will turn their mourning into gladness; I will give them comfort and joy instead of sorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSeyMonsta View Post
    My wife and I were not virgins but we did abstain from sex until we were married.

Greatest decision I ever made, our marriage is strong and God centered. I wish people could understand what a great thing this is for a marriage.

We have such great memories of our courtship.

We violate God's laws at our peril, and society's. But it is blessed to follow God's ways. "The blessing of the LORD makes a person rich, and he adds no sorrow with it." Proverbs 10:22.
    "Biologists must constantly keep in mind that what they see was not designed but rather evolved." - Francis Crick.

"For since the creation of the world, God's invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse." - Romans 1:20

"It's one reason I hate reading what Tyke writes. It just annoys the hell out of me." - Big Pink Monkey

Quote Originally Posted by The Q View Post
    This is the gf who not the safe one but the close friend that you were attracted to correct?
    That's her. It will be 2 years (officially) in July. I thought I might look back and think I made a mistake, but I definitely made the right choice.

Not married or a virgin. The two don't have much of anything to do with one another as far as I'm concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexPKeaton View Post
    LOL... I see what you did there...
    Yeah, I don't think PatsFan picked up on it... :-)

Not a virgin. Hell, I knocked her up twice before marrying her.

Marriage, as a commitment, to me is a very cool thing. It just has nothing to do with sex for me.
    Μολὼν λαβέ
    Η ζωή ενός σκλάβου είναι όλοι καταλαβαίνετε, δεν ξέρεις τίποτα από την ελευθερία. Γιατί αν το κάνατε, θα μας ενθάρρυνε να πολεμήσουν, όχι μόνο με το δόρυ μας, αλλά και με ό, τι έχουμε.

We lived together for 3 years in college and part of grad school before we got married.

Nothing like sharing the shelter of a single bed.

Then, we waited another 3 years before having kids.
    The consistent factor of all of your dissatisfying relationships and failures is you.

R.W. 09.21.10 I love you.

<shrug> I give it until April at the outside, so they're tagline won't really matter. -Jim in NYC
    proof!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12