Robert Mathis Suspended For 4 Games

According to Yahoo Sports, Colts defender Robert Mathis has been banned 4 games ...

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...212850035.html

What do ya think ??

Good news in that he misses the opener, or, would you have liked to have beaten them with him on the field ?

There's a pretty good chance we'll meet them again in the playoffs, so there's that to consider too ...
    My happiness is not the means to any end. It is the end. It is its own goal. It is its own purpose.
    ― Ayn Rand, Anthem

Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.
    ― Oscar Wilde

And by the stream there cometh up on its edge, every kind of fruit-tree whose leaf fadeth not; and its fruits hath been for food, and its leaf for medicine.

- Ezekiel 47:12

I feel bad for him because he doesn't deserve it, but can't say I'll be disappointed that he doesn't suit up against Denver.

Sucks to be them.
    There is a time to laugh and a time not to laugh, and this is not one of them.

Is the testing gettting better or are the jocks getting dumber?

Quote Originally Posted by Mingo View Post
    Is the testing gettting better or are the jocks getting dumber?
    Not sure what this means.

I would think Mathis figured it was a fertility drug so there was no need to think it would be banned, unless it raises your testosterone and sperm count.

Sounds like a lame deal unless there are performance benefits.
    "You don't understand, there was shrinkage."

Quote Originally Posted by primetime714 View Post
    I feel bad for him because he doesn't deserve it, but can't say I'll be disappointed that he doesn't suit up against Denver.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...201228083.html
    "Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work" --Thomas Edison

Clomid is used by males all the time when coming off a steroi cycle; helps keep their gains, and kicks starts testosterone production again. There's no other reason for a male to take it, as it's an estrogen.
    There is a time to laugh and a time not to laugh, and this is not one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremiah View Post
    Not sure what this means.

I would think Mathis figured it was a fertility drug so there was no need to think it would be banned, unless it raises your testosterone and sperm count.

Sounds like a lame deal unless there are performance benefits.
    I knew nothing of the circumstances of Mathis' case, but responding to the idea in my head that so many guys think they can out smart or aliabi themselves around the system - Von Miller comes to mind as I wanted to give him every benefit of the doubt on for it to dribble out that he was acting like a dope.

It is mainly used by women for stimulating ovulation ... and it's the same drug Manny Ramirez was banned for using ... Mathis and whoever prescribed it to him are completely to blame, as this drug is recognized worldwide in sport as a performance enhancer ...

There are dozens of natural, non prescription things Mathis could have used to achieve the same result as far as child bearing - but of course, those might not have allowed him to rack up 19.5 sacks next year ...
    My happiness is not the means to any end. It is the end. It is its own goal. It is its own purpose.
    ― Ayn Rand, Anthem

Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.
    ― Oscar Wilde

And by the stream there cometh up on its edge, every kind of fruit-tree whose leaf fadeth not; and its fruits hath been for food, and its leaf for medicine.

- Ezekiel 47:12

The nfl pretty much blasted Mathis. He probably should have kept his mouth shut and no one would Know exactly how big a cheat he is