The game against the Colts just got a little easier

Robert Mathis suspended for the first 4 games of the season for PEDs. That includes the game against us. Mathis claims that the positive test is from hormones he took as part of fertility treatments so he could get his wife pregnant. He says the doctor told him it wouldn't be a problem. Goodell isn't buying it though.

When were they taken? How long are they in the system? Is the Dr offering written documentation to say he prescribed them, what type of Dr he is and for what purpose?? Seems this would be easy to tell. Goodell doesn't have to 'buy' anything - there should be proof.

I don't believe it matters if there's a prescription or not. If a player is prescribed a drug that is on the banned list, then he has to secure a waiver from the NFL. If he then tests positive, then he's subject to penalty if he doesn't have this written waiver, regardless of the fact that the drug was prescribed. I don't think this is particularly difficult to do, but often times players don't take the time to do the paperwork necessary and just assume that because the doctor prescribed it to them that they're clear with the NFL. Mathis claims that the doctor told him that the drug in question wasn't amongst those not allowed by the league but admits that he didn't double check that information with the NFL or NFLPA. Turns out, the doctor was wrong.

sounds like.. the Dr is then liable for the loss of income of the first 4 games.

Maybe, all that matters to me is that he won't be around to try to sack Foles.

Quote Originally Posted by iggles nut View Post
    Maybe, all that matters to me is that he won't be around to try to sack Foles.
    If it builds momentum and we become a true contender, I'm fine with getting a few wins the easy way to. But honestly, I hate getting wins this way when we are not a playoff caliber team. It just ends up hurting us in the end. The difference between picking at 22 and 15 was huge this year. I do agree tho, I hope Foles continues to improve. I'm very concerned about him being able to come close to the stats he put up last year. But I want to believe he is the real deal, and we finally have such a QB in the nest.

Can't wait til DJax gets suspended for his gang ties...
    Chip is the man!

I believe him. Ive worked with patients with penile problems, fertility issues and impotence problems, and it's a hard thing to tell people about even if they are family or medical professionals. No guy wants to call his boss up (someone not bound by hipaa laws) and tell him that your swimmers dont work.

The strongest meanest sobs can turn into scared children when theres a problem with the junk.
    Last edited by Tech_star11; 05-16-2014 at 11:33 PM.
    "you know my rap, 21 and 10"