Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Results 76 to 85 of 85
  1. #76
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    59,893
    Quote Originally Posted by Nastradamus View Post
    The recent Avengers movie probably plays a big role in that, as he is portrayed as the weakest of the bunch, and more "human" while teamed up with a beast, a robot and a god.
    This is probably a fair point.

    I think everyone has those guys.

    Superman has Darkseid, Mongul, Doomsday etc.

    Hell if Mr. Myx wasn't the worst written character ever he could be the guy. But he is literally just wasted as a goofy ass mofo.
    Mac9, to the true warrior. the ultimate competitor and the most worth adversary any athlete has ever faced off against. He was an inspiration for both his on the field play, off the field contributions and his leadership. The world is now a worse place without him.

    "Have the courage to have your wisdom regarded as stupidity" - Justice Antonin Scalia

    "Just because you're the lone voice in the wilderness, it doesn't mean you're wrong."
    - Ghandi

  2. #77
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Albuquerque, NM
    Posts
    1,031
    One of the things I really liked about the newest Captain America movie was how formidable they showed him to be. With his skills, and SHIELDs resources to train him, there's no reason he wouldn't be the most badass hand-to-hand fighter on the planet.
    God - An imaginary friend for grown-ups.

  3. #78
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    59,893
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantomex View Post
    One of the things I really liked about the newest Captain America movie was how formidable they showed him to be. With his skills, and SHIELDs resources to train him, there's no reason he wouldn't be the most badass hand-to-hand fighter on the planet.
    agreed. I always thought that was one of the Batman pieces that fell apart. how an untrained fighter like joker could ever be a hand to hand physical threat was quite flawed.
    Mac9, to the true warrior. the ultimate competitor and the most worth adversary any athlete has ever faced off against. He was an inspiration for both his on the field play, off the field contributions and his leadership. The world is now a worse place without him.

    "Have the courage to have your wisdom regarded as stupidity" - Justice Antonin Scalia

    "Just because you're the lone voice in the wilderness, it doesn't mean you're wrong."
    - Ghandi

  4. #79
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    The Twin Cities of Minnesota
    Posts
    27,688
    Quote Originally Posted by The Q View Post
    agreed. I always thought that was one of the Batman pieces that fell apart. how an untrained fighter like joker could ever be a hand to hand physical threat was quite flawed.
    But if you are referencing Dark Knight, the Joker only gave Batman a bit of trouble because a couple pit bulls got up in Batman's grill to start the fight, and then (if I remember correctly) Batman's sonar caused him to get disoriented. Once Batman had that straightened out he handled the Joker.
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be."
    -Kurt Vonnegut "Mother Night"

  5. #80
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    59,893
    Quote Originally Posted by Fandango View Post
    But if you are referencing Dark Knight, the Joker only gave Batman a bit of trouble because a couple pit bulls got up in Batman's grill to start the fight, and then (if I remember correctly) Batman's sonar caused him to get disoriented. Once Batman had that straightened out he handled the Joker.
    yeah. I mean #1 offender of that is the animated series. Not so much the movies.
    Mac9, to the true warrior. the ultimate competitor and the most worth adversary any athlete has ever faced off against. He was an inspiration for both his on the field play, off the field contributions and his leadership. The world is now a worse place without him.

    "Have the courage to have your wisdom regarded as stupidity" - Justice Antonin Scalia

    "Just because you're the lone voice in the wilderness, it doesn't mean you're wrong."
    - Ghandi

  6. #81
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    The Twin Cities of Minnesota
    Posts
    27,688
    In the Animated series EVERY foe gives Batman trouble for the first 20 minutes, yes even including Scarecrow, before Batman (against the odd j/k) bounces back and wins the fight. That is just the nature of a series that is more kid focused though.
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be."
    -Kurt Vonnegut "Mother Night"

  7. #82
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    59,893
    Yes, but being a hand to hand physical threat vs. just being an overall threat (like with scare gas) are two totally different things in the context that I'm talking about.
    Mac9, to the true warrior. the ultimate competitor and the most worth adversary any athlete has ever faced off against. He was an inspiration for both his on the field play, off the field contributions and his leadership. The world is now a worse place without him.

    "Have the courage to have your wisdom regarded as stupidity" - Justice Antonin Scalia

    "Just because you're the lone voice in the wilderness, it doesn't mean you're wrong."
    - Ghandi

  8. #83
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Barbecue Heaven
    Posts
    21,222
    Obligatory.

    (NSFW language)
    Last edited by Ice-9; 05-24-2014 at 01:31 PM.

  9. #84
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    45,976
    Quote Originally Posted by Ice-9 View Post
    Obligatory.

    (NSFW language)
    Hope starts with an H stupid!

    :)
    "the blade itself incites to violence." - Homer

    --

    "There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs." - Kung fu Monkey

  10. #85
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    59,893
    da da da da Super jerk!!!!
    Mac9, to the true warrior. the ultimate competitor and the most worth adversary any athlete has ever faced off against. He was an inspiration for both his on the field play, off the field contributions and his leadership. The world is now a worse place without him.

    "Have the courage to have your wisdom regarded as stupidity" - Justice Antonin Scalia

    "Just because you're the lone voice in the wilderness, it doesn't mean you're wrong."
    - Ghandi

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  






Part of USA TODAY Sports Digital Properties.