Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415
    JMR is offline defender of the high life
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglesnut View Post
    The money machine rolls on and we're all denied Josh Gordon's greatness.

If only all the stars could be forced to smoke (or at least fail tests) the same way others are forced to not smoke. They're forced to take liver rotting meds though... If the NFLPA had a spine they'd put Peyton, Tom and Aaron on the bong for a few days and send the video all over the league with a little caption "your move azzholes."
    And if that happened, once again the league would roll on with Wilson, Luck, and Kaepernick. MLB is about stats. NBA is about the back of the jersey. The NFL is about the front.
    U MAD BRO??

Quote Originally Posted by JMR View Post
    And if that happened, once again the league would roll on with Wilson, Luck, and Kaepernick. MLB is about stats. NBA is about the back of the jersey. The NFL is about the front.
    Guess I needed to list every top QB in the league...

You make it seem like the league is very committed. To what, I don't know and you never say.

Pretty sure the drug policy is collectively bargained. Take it easy on that high horse
    "Governing doesn’t disappear when government shrinks; instead corporations come to govern your life — like HMO’s, oil companies, drug companies, agribusiness, and so on, with accountability only to maximizing profit, not to public needs." - George Lakoff

Quote Originally Posted by Nastradamus View Post
    Pretty sure the drug policy is collectively bargained. Take it easy on that high horse
    It is.

It's why there's a giant pissing contest over HGH testing. The players want a fair hearing and this amazingly revolutionary thing (for the NFL) called due process.

The owners want idiot goodell.
    Mac9, to the true warrior. the ultimate competitor and the most worth adversary any athlete has ever faced off against. He was an inspiration for both his on the field play, off the field contributions and his leadership. The world is now a worse place without him.

"Have the courage to have your wisdom regarded as stupidity" - Justice Antonin Scalia

"Just because you're the lone voice in the wilderness, it doesn't mean you're wrong."
    - Ghandi

There ya go. Argue about it next time you go to the table. Until then, don't smoke weed and get caught.
    "Governing doesn’t disappear when government shrinks; instead corporations come to govern your life — like HMO’s, oil companies, drug companies, agribusiness, and so on, with accountability only to maximizing profit, not to public needs." - George Lakoff

Quote Originally Posted by Nastradamus View Post
    Yes, the NFLPA is a piece of ****. Their incompetence hurts the league. However, that does not absolve the owners from blame. It just means that both are contributing to the prohibition of one of the most exciting players in OUR league.

Yes, the NFLPA is a piece of ****. Their incompetence hurts the league. However, that does not absolve the owners from blame. It just means that both are contributing to the prohibition of one of the most exciting players in OUR league.
    Q for NLFPA President!!!
    Mac9, to the true warrior. the ultimate competitor and the most worth adversary any athlete has ever faced off against. He was an inspiration for both his on the field play, off the field contributions and his leadership. The world is now a worse place without him.

"Have the courage to have your wisdom regarded as stupidity" - Justice Antonin Scalia

"Just because you're the lone voice in the wilderness, it doesn't mean you're wrong."
    - Ghandi

The league will survive w/o Josh Gordon just fine. And I think your "OUR league" notion is a little pie in the sky. It'll work like a somebitch for commercials and an ad campaign, but in reality, not so much. The fact is that 32 mostly old white dudes with real long money can and will hold out a whole lot longer than 1700 or so mostly black players from non-rich backgrounds who've been dreaming their whole lives of playing football and getting paid. And millions of mostly white fans who when its all said and done. Don't really give a sh*t about the tightrope players have to walk for the owners. Cuz they just wanna see football played at its highest level possible.
    I'm your mama, I'm your daddy
    I'm that nigga in the alley
    I'm your doctor when in need
    Want some coke, have some weed
    You know me, I'm your friend
    Your main boy, thick and thin

I'm your pusherman
    I'm your pusherman

Ain't I clean, bad machine
    Super cool, super mean
    Dealin' good for the Man,
    Superfly, here I stand
    Secret stash, heavy bread
    Baddest bitches in the bed

I'm your pusherman
    I'm your pusherman
    I'm your pusherman

NFL finally got around to scheduling a hearing in late July. Not really sure what's taking so long...

Some seem to think that favors Gordon playing this year though. I dunno.

I don't know if it means anything or favors anyone. It's also possible the league and players association negotiate a punishment.

Pythagoras circa 500 B.C...
    "Evolution is the law of Life, Number is the law of the universe, Unity is the law of God."

Welcome back, LeBron!

How hard can it be to:

1) Call a cab.

2) Put down the bong for 5 years to make $50 million.

I think they might need to select a QB high in the next draft. Their top WR is now a sidenote in the Browns off-field issues.

what?

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415