Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by jammer View Post
    I'd not be surprised at all if one of the OLBs was traded as the season goes along or even during the draft.
    WOW!! Now that's a prediction.

Sherman is no longer the highest paid CB in the league. Harden just signed a bigger deal

Getting in early appears to be a smart move

http://bleacherreport.com/tb/dd5ga?u...attle-seahawks
    You can't be the best unless you can beat the best

Actually, Haden's deal is longer so Sherm is still the top paid per year although Peterson is probably going to scream if he doesn't get more.

Quote Originally Posted by HawksFanNorth View Post
    Actually, Haden's deal is longer so Sherm is still the top paid per year although Peterson is probably going to scream if he doesn't get more.
    worth 11 million more and more guaranteed money.

Remember Sherman's 4 year deal is actually a five year deal because it is an extension
    Last edited by Warden; 05-14-2014 at 08:37 PM.
    You can't be the best unless you can beat the best

Quote Originally Posted by Warden View Post
    worth 11 million more and more guaranteed money.

Remember Sherman's 4 year deal is actually a five year deal because it is an extension
    Haden's is a 6 year deal as he had 2 years left on his contract.
    The trouble with the world today is the intelligent people are full of doubt and the dumb people are full of confidence - Charles Bukowski

Quote Originally Posted by flyerhawk View Post
    Haden's is a 6 year deal as he had 2 years left on his contract.
    Bingo, he was a first rounder in the same year and the Browns picked up the 5th year before extending him. More total guaranteed maybe, I'd have to check but the yearly totals are slightly higher in Sherm's case. Doesn't*really matter, Sherm's deal is going to be a steal once Revis gets his next contract and Peterson gets his.

Funny how we all simply assumed the team would get the LOB re-upped. To me it's clear the FO had a plan and applied it. I frankly won't be surprised if the team finds a way to keep Maxwell along with a few others that we don't figure will be able to be kept.

Things will start to get squeaky cap-wise when RW's deal is done but we all get the value of having a proven commodity at QB. The cap limit appears ready to take a large jump next season which may give the team more flexibility but FA is likely a closed off area as the team will develop their own talent including the replacement members for the LOB.

If we look at the roster though there appears to be a large number of potentially solid guys poised to make the team and to compete for jobs. I've never yet seen a Seahawks FO do such a good job at acquiring talent. They are of course helped by a coaching staff that develops these guys into all they can be to play the game that best utilizes their respective abilities.

The future appears bright.
    Seattle Seahawks, winners of SuperBowl XLVIII, what an amazing season!

Quote Originally Posted by seahawksfan837 View Post
    When the cap goes up, and Haden and Peterson sign, this contract will look like a steal, considering Sherman is undeniably the best corner in the game.
    ^^^This guy is a genius. :)

70 mil, 48 guaranteed for PP. Wowzers.

Quote Originally Posted by seahawksfan837 View Post
    ^^^This guy is a genius. :)

70 mil, 48 guaranteed for PP. Wowzers.
    I don't know, that guy is pretty into baseball to be throwing the genius label around. :)
    "Personal foul, 69, offense. He was giving him the business."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12