Goodluck Jonathan (Nigeria)... should consider his afterlife.

After doing little to find, rescue the hundreds of kidnapped girls, he finally asked the US for help. This issue went way too long for it not to be a SERIOUS international problem to put mucho pressure on. No oil?

'Anti-government protests are cropping up all over the country in retaliation to Jonathan’s failure to control extremist crimes and rescue the girls, adding to the tensions in Africa’s most populated terror-torn country.'
    I promise I won't do it again

While this news may be shocking to some here in the west. Its just another Tuesday for the people in the Borneo province. Certainly this latest was the biggest kidnapping numbers-wise, but other kidnappings and many other things have been happening for months now. Hell, sh*t's been jumpin off in Africa for decades in some form or another. For much of the western world, its nothing more than a toilet to sh*t in.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/04/21/world/...rticle_sidebar

"All the community are sympathizing with the parents," Kwambura told CNN earlier. But, she said, "the people in the villages are not surprised."

Such is life in the lawless Borno province.

Tucked away near the border with Cameroon, with phone services cut off and travel strongly discouraged, this poor corner of Nigeria is no stranger to such brazen, violent acts.

For 11 months, the provinces of Borno, Yobe and Adamawa have been under a state of emergency due to relentless assaults blamed on Boko Haram.

The Islamist militant group has bombed churches and mosques; kidnapped women and children; and assassinated politicians and religious leaders.

Boko Haram -- whose name means "Western education is sin" in the local Hausa language says it wants to impose a stricter enforcement of Sharia law across Africa's most populous nation.

The group has gone about its misguided mission with such depressing regularity that residents have become somewhat numb.
    I'm your mama, I'm your daddy
    I'm that nigga in the alley
    I'm your doctor when in need
    Want some coke, have some weed
    You know me, I'm your friend
    Your main boy, thick and thin

I'm your pusherman
    I'm your pusherman

Ain't I clean, bad machine
    Super cool, super mean
    Dealin' good for the Man,
    Superfly, here I stand
    Secret stash, heavy bread
    Baddest bitches in the bed

I'm your pusherman
    I'm your pusherman
    I'm your pusherman

It is an unfortunate reminder of how tenuous life can be in developing countries throughout the world. I am glad that Jonathan finally decided to accept our assistance.
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be."
    -Kurt Vonnegut "Mother Night"

Hopefully we can help find the girls and, as a bonus, give the kidnappers a very painful end of life experience.
    The trouble with the world today is the intelligent people are full of doubt and the dumb people are full of confidence - Charles Bukowski

Quote Originally Posted by Raid View Post
    After doing little to find, rescue the hundreds of kidnapped girls, he finally asked the US for help. This issue went way too long for it not to be a SERIOUS international problem to put mucho pressure on. No oil?

'Anti-government protests are cropping up all over the country in retaliation to Jonathan’s failure to control extremist crimes and rescue the girls, adding to the tensions in Africa’s most populated terror-torn country.'
    Moslums.
    As defined by the Official Terrorism Training For Law Enforcement:
    What Is Domestic Terrorism?
    Extreme force and violence perpetrated by
    the people government of a country, within that country,
    for the purpose of coercing its government and population public
    into modifying its behavior"

You are either with Our Constitution or you are with The Terrorists!

Government...if it leans to the left it eventually means theft. - tlc

Was watching some news segment on this story that featured a Nigerian born journalist. She stated that 1 in 4 kidnappings around the world are committed in Nigeria. Seems a bit high but, it also seem to be a cottage industry there
    As smart as the internet

We're all Bozo's on this bus.~FST

Quote Originally Posted by Grimjack View Post
    Was watching some news segment on this story that featured a Nigerian born journalist. She stated that 1 in 4 kidnappings around the world are committed in Nigeria. Seems a bit high but, it also seem to be a cottage industry there
    Mexico, kidnapping capital:
    https://in.news.yahoo.com/mexico-nam...053738906.html

More kidnappings spread fear in Nigeria:
    http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/...524902336.html

Oh, wonderful, we have to get these two together.

As defined by the Official Terrorism Training For Law Enforcement:
    What Is Domestic Terrorism?
    Extreme force and violence perpetrated by
    the people government of a country, within that country,
    for the purpose of coercing its government and population public
    into modifying its behavior"

You are either with Our Constitution or you are with The Terrorists!

Government...if it leans to the left it eventually means theft. - tlc

Quote Originally Posted by Fandango View Post
    It is an unfortunate reminder of how tenuous life can be in developing countries throughout the world. I am glad that Jonathan finally decided to accept our assistance.
    This.. It's definitely an example of how easy it can be for a renegade like Boko Haram to cause havoc. The people of weak, ineffective, (corrupt?) central governments are easy prey.

Quote Originally Posted by thelittlecheese View Post
    Moslums.
    No... Extremists.
    "What's so funny about peace , love and understanding?" - Elvis Costello

Just another Thursday in the Motherland.

http://www.kswo.com/story/25464236/r...geria-violence

BAUCHI, Nigeria (AP) - Residents of a Nigerian town attacked by Boko Haram criticized security forces for failing to intervene even though they had been warned that the militants were nearby. At least 50 bodies have been recovered, many horribly burned, in the town.

The attack on Gamboru, in remote northeastern Nigeria near the border with Cameroon, was part of the Islamic militants' relentless campaign of terror that also snared more than 300 teenage girls who were abducted last month from a boarding school. Most of those girls remain captives, likely in the vast Sambisa forest in northeast Nigeria.

The death toll from the Monday afternoon attack in Gamboru was initially reported by a senator to be as many as 300, but a security official said it is more likely to be around 100. Some Gamboru residents said bodies were recovered from the debris of burned shops around the town's main market, which was the focus of the attack.

Gamboru resident Abuwar Masta said the bodies were found after the market reopened on Wednesday as health workers, volunteers and traders searched for missing people. He said most of the bodies were burned beyond recognition. Some of the victims were traders from Chad and Cameroon, he said.

"It seems they hid in the shops in order not (to) be killed while fleeing," Masta said Wednesday. "Unfortunately, several explosives were thrown into the market."

Masta and other traders said that some villagers had warned the security forces of an impending attack after insurgents were seen camping in the bush near Gamboru.
    I'm your mama, I'm your daddy
    I'm that nigga in the alley
    I'm your doctor when in need
    Want some coke, have some weed
    You know me, I'm your friend
    Your main boy, thick and thin

I'm your pusherman
    I'm your pusherman

Ain't I clean, bad machine
    Super cool, super mean
    Dealin' good for the Man,
    Superfly, here I stand
    Secret stash, heavy bread
    Baddest bitches in the bed

I'm your pusherman
    I'm your pusherman
    I'm your pusherman

His government has also introduced anti-gay legislation. It is a country with a tremendous amount of resource wealth that it should be, at a minimum, a middle-income country that is competing with Brazil and India as an emerging economic power. Instead, the whole country is in shambles with a corrupt government, an extremely poor environmental record, and lack of strong leadership.
    Help make a difference

The ONE Initiative - http://www.one.org/
    Make Poverty History Campaign - http://www.makepovertyhistory.org/
    A Debt Free Africa - http://www.data.org/
    The RED Campaign - http://www.joinred.com/
    Les Médecins sans Frontières / Doctors Without Borders - http://www.msf.org/
    International Red Cross - http://www.redcross.org/