Trade #1 - Eagles trade OT/G Todd Herremans, #2 (54) & conditional '2015 1st or 2nd to Miami Dolphins for: OLB Dion Jordan. Agree to deal but dont announce until after both Eagles & Dolphins make their 1st round selections. :)
Trade #2 - Eagles trade down with New England Patriots from pick 1-22 to 1-29. Receive 3-93. Select WR/TE hybrid: Kelvin Benjamin.
Trade #3 - Eagles trade 3-93 for (2) 4th rd. picks in 2014.
Trade #4 - Eagles trade RB Bryce Brown for 5th rd. pick. The dude wants to play and I dont see it in Chips O. Could be a stud in the right O.
Graham will probably have to be cut or kept on as a backup. Cant see the trade value.
(via trade) OLB - Dion Jordan - Fills top need with a versatile long player that Chip knows well. Dolphins could hold onto him but why wait. Get what you can now. His trade value in the wrong system as a backup will only decrease. They need OL help and the extra picks will help out.
1. - WR - Kelvin Benjamin - FSU - This dude will play slot. Call him WR or TE. Dont matter. He'll be a stud. Will take our O to the next level. Very few here want him now but he'll be a fan favorite by the end of year 1. Id pick him at 15 and not think twice. Getting him & two extra 4th rounders would be like stealing.
3. - ILB - Jordan Tripp - Montana - Athletic ILB who will takeover for Ryans in 2015. In the meantime he'll play nickle.
4. - CB - Dontae Johnson - NC St. - Replaces Cary Williams in 2015. Could be a steal. 5th CB & 4th S in '14.
4. - OG/T - Laurent Duvernay-Tardif - McGill - Backup swing guy in '14. Could replace Mathis as soon as next year.
4. - RB - Charles Sims - W.Va. - Shady Ins. 24 so he'll probably drop a bit. Steal at this point in draft.
5. - WR - Josh Huff - Oregon - 4th WR. Knows Chips O and will play ST. Could become #3 if Maclin bolts.
5. - NT - Deandre Coleman - Cal or Khyri Thornton - S.Miss. - Backup for Logan. Also allows Bennie to move around a bit more.
7. - TE - Blake Annen - Cincinnati - Flyer on an athletic HBack. Could replace Casey in '15. 4th TE in 2014.
Got 5 eventual starters & 4 key reserves. Didnt draft a Safety early because Im high on Earl Wolff as a long term starter. After the early rounds, I saw better value at other positions.
Tobin or Barbre replaces Herremans in the starting lineup for '14.
WR - John Brown - Pittsburg State
OG - Trey Hopkins - Texas
OG/C - Wesley Johnson - Vanderbilt
OG/T - Bryce Quigley - San Diego State
OG/T - Kevin Pamphile - Purdue
S - Maurice Alexander - Utah State