Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    1. The seemingly top 3 most popular media guesses for the Bears are Donald, C-Dix and Pryor. Even though at least one is available at #14, the Bears won't pick any of them.
    2. Jerry Jones will make a "bold" move that gets pundit discussed at length, but may not end up being worth a crap.
    3. The Radio City Jets fans will boo their pick.
    4. So will the Eagles fans.
    5. Aube will be pissed by 10pm tonight. And also tomorrow.
    6. The Bears will be talked about less on ESPN today than the Redskins and Colts, who don't have a #1 pick.
    Wouldn't it be great if we booted the 200 lawyers from the House and Senate and replaced them with economists? That way, we'd stop harming our economy with laws that would apply to the politicians, too.

lol at #6, I remember always waiting for the recap on the bears, whether it be highlights or draft pick, etc. then a commercial would interrupt, then we'd have to go through the who 31 teams or the sports ticker before we got back to Chicago. Always, always.
    Slightly better Jay, different day

Quote Originally Posted by nomoreshoop View Post
    lol at #6, I remember always waiting for the recap on the bears, whether it be highlights or draft pick, etc. then a commercial would interrupt, then we'd have to go through the who 31 teams or the sports ticker before we got back to Chicago. Always, always.
    I knew I wasn't the only one to notice this, and I've had this belief for at least 10 years now.
    2010 and 2012 MOTML Champion

I personally could care less if ESPN or NFLNetwork says anything about Chicago.

More bold predictions:

1. Teams from liberal markets will stay away from Haha Clinton-Dix because his name reminds them too much of the Bill Clinton/Monica Lewinsky scandal.
    2. Jadeveon Clowney will go on stage to accept his draft pick dressed as a clown.
    3. Roger Goodell will immediately fine Clowney for wearing too much face paint.
    4. Chris Mortensen will go on a rant about how young players don't respect Draft Day like they used to.
    5. The entire panel will refer to Todd McShay as "Mr. Irrelevant." Todd McShay will eventually break down and cry.
    6. Aube will be in attendance at this year's draft. When the Bears trade down from #14, Aube will assassinate Goodell and randomly kill six others before taking his own life in the orchestra pit.
    7. In the aftermath, Radio City Music Hall will fall eerily silent except for some E-A-G-L-E-S, Eagles! Eagles! Eagles! chants.
    8. Chris Mortensen will make several derogatory comments about Michael Sam and giggle inappropriately. When he doesn't get the desired reaction from the panel, he will urge them to "lighten the f*** up" then take his microphone off, slam it on the desk and stalk off stage.

Mark it down.
    Last edited by Wounded Bear; 05-08-2014 at 09:21 PM.
    "Jesus is ideal and wonderful, but you Christians -- you are not like him."

-Gandhi

Lol!

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Tapatalk
    Cherish your children for who they are, not who you'd like them to be.

I like Aube, I like what he can do for us.

you forgot all about the loviefest ESPN will have with the Buccaneers, they will be talking to him and the organization every hour.

1. Lovie Smith makes the Bucs' selection of Johnny Football sound so boring that both ESPN and NFLN decide to focus more of their content on Teddy Bridgewater.

2. Manziel and his agent are caught on tape in a heated debate over whether he should force a trade away from Tampa. Johnny repeatedly says "I just don't think I can play for him. 30 seconds on the phone and I think all my mojo is gone." While his agent comes back with "But Johnny, the Mons Venus is the best strip joint in the friggin country. And Johnny Football will set new records for most ass pulled out!". (the debate rages on)

My big bold prediction... and it seems like it happens in every round every time the Bears pick... when the Bears selection is made it will be made during a commercial break. And when this happens in the later rounds, we will only get one line about our guy in a three pick update that gives one of the other selections made by another team a paragraph.

Quote Originally Posted by brantcruz50 View Post
    Most of you know the drill by now. The emphasis here is on "bold" - meaning I fully expect to get the vast majority wromg. My guess is my average over the last 5 years is I get about 1.5 right per year. That's my expectation. I am living proof of the blind squirrel theory.

Feel free to add your comments (beyond the requisite "never happen" of possible). Amd especially your own "bold" predictions.

Without further adieu...

1. Jadeveon Clowney is drafted by the Raiders
    2. No QB goes in the top 20
    3. Zack Martin and Xavier Sua’Filo both go in the top 15, and at least one in a trade-up situation
    4. No safety is drafted in the top 20 picks
    5. Kony Ealy is drafted in the 2nd round, after Kyle Van Noy, and Jeremiah Attaochu
    6. We pass on Bradley Roby at #51, with Boomer saying things like “The Bears, this could be another spot for Bradley Roby…”
    7. Aaron Donald is drafted by the Rams.
    8. Allen Robinson, Cody Latimer, Jordan Matthews, Donte Moncrief, and Martavius Bryant are all drafted before Kelvin Benjamin. At least a couple of them are drafted before Marquise Lee
    9. No TEs are drafted in the 1st round
    10. Stanley Jean-Baptiste and Keith McGill are both drafted at the end of the first round

As far as the Bears bold predictions go…

1. We trade down in the first round, and up in the 2nd round, and net ourselves Deon Buchannan and Stephon Tuitt.
    2. We draft a RB in 3rd round (let’s say Charles Sims) while we are all screaming for a CB
    3. We draft 2 CBs between R3 and R6
    Figures, I get ~ 1 prediction right per year, and THIS is the one I get right????

Quote Originally Posted by toooverbearing View Post
    My big bold prediction... and it seems like it happens in every round every time the Bears pick... when the Bears selection is made it will be made during a commercial break. And when this happens in the later rounds, we will only get one line about our guy in a three pick update that gives one of the other selections made by another team a paragraph.
    Told you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikefive View Post
    1. The seemingly top 3 most popular media guesses for the Bears are Donald, C-Dix and Pryor. Even though at least one is available at #14, the Bears won't pick any of them.
    2. Jerry Jones will make a "bold" move that gets pundit discussed at length, but may not end up being worth a crap.
    3. The Radio City Jets fans will boo their pick.
    4. So will the Eagles fans.
    5. Aube will be pissed by 10pm tonight. And also tomorrow.
    6. The Bears will be talked about less on ESPN today than the Redskins and Colts, who don't have a #1 pick.

It's funny but I actually thought of this while on NFL.com last night/this morning. Entire article of sammie watkins and his selfie with goodell, but no mention of the bears even picking. Donald to the rams, Watkins takes a selfie, and Shazier to the steelers.
    A man like Emery doesn't need a search firm. He is the search firm. - Jon Greenberg.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12