Bill Polian warns Pittsburgh

Former Indianapolis GM Bill Polian warns the Steelers that they should stay away from drafting TE Eric Ebron. How much do you believe in Bill Polian? and would you stay away from Ebron based on Polian saying they shouldn't draft him?

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/po...clear-of-ebron

I fear drafting Ebron that high, too. He shies away from contact.

What the heck was with Mel picking WR Bruce Ellington at 26 overall in that mock? I think he's a good player, but a round 4 or 5 player. He may even be a later pick than that because of all the good WR's.

Quote Originally Posted by BobbleHead View Post
    I fear drafting Ebron that high, too. He shies away from contact.

What the heck was with Mel picking WR Bruce Ellington at 26 overall in that mock? I think he's a good player, but a round 4 or 5 player. He may even be a later pick than that because of all the good WR's.
    This has nothing to do with Mel picking Ellington that high, but I seen Todd McShay on ESPNs Mike & Mike Friday morning and he said as many as 18 WRs could be picked in the 1st 2 rounds of the draft. That just sounds crazy to me. I know there's a ,lot of WRs with high grades, but I'd think that would just mean guys would slip down and you'd be able to get good value in later rounds at that position.

with the supposed depth at WR in the draft doesn't it make for the position to drop in the Draft???
    The Leafies are Scumbags.

Personally I don't give a rats @$$ what Bill Polian thinks. The guy is one of the most over-rated analysts I've ever seen. He makes the most obvious pronouncements and the other ESPN NFL shills treat him like a god. Not saying I disagree with him on Ebron. Just wouldn't accept his words as gospel.

I do not want Ebron and his huge ego and one dimensional skill set. Way to high to take a TE who doesn't block. If I taking a TE that high he better be alot more rounded as a player. He's maybe best receiver of the TE group but that doesn't make him a mid 1st round or higher TE.
    "Once I start, they'll be no stopping me."

Quote Originally Posted by BIG STEEL View Post
    I do not want Ebron and his huge ego and one dimensional skill set. Way to high to take a TE who doesn't block. If I taking a TE that high he better be alot more rounded as a player. He's maybe best receiver of the TE group but that doesn't make him a mid 1st round or higher TE.
    I tend to agree with this. It would be one thing if he caught everything, if he projected to be a once in a generation type talent.