Thread: Aaron Donald?

Aaron Donald?

People seem to love him. Supposed to be about the most consistent DL pass rusher available, constantly beating single blockers, while playing well v. the run as well.

Initially, I thought there was no way the Vikes would consider him after drafting Floyd and paying big bucks to bring in Joseph (and resign Griffen). But could they switch this year to a 3-4 if they drafted Donald? Joseph at NT, Donald and Floyd as DEs, Griffen as the rush LB. Mauti, Brinkley and Cole fight for the 2 inside LB spots. Greenway stays outside.

Thoughts?

Zimmer's a 4-3 guy.

If they were going to make the switch to a 3-4, we would have seen the start of it in FA IMO. Joseph isn't a 3-4 NT type and Griffen isn't a 3-4 OLB. Not saying they couldn't play the position, but with as much money as they spent on those two guys, I can't imagine them not going a different route if that was the plan.

i love donald as a player, but drafting him probably won't happen considering he plays the same position as our #1 pick from last year.
    Bleeding Purple since 1977

And Zimmer was in Sid's column this morning praising how Floyd had lost weight and looked extremely quick.

Could be a trade down candidate though. By that I mean some other team wanting to come up for Donald.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheeseland Vike View Post
    And Zimmer was in Sid's column this morning praising how Floyd had lost weight and looked extremely quick.

Could be a trade down candidate though. By that I mean some other team wanting to come up for Donald.
    I'm hoping Evans and/or Donald are there and we have multiple teams trying to trade up with us.

But just fyi, Zimmer does have experience with the 3-4 in Dallas.