2014 Draft Freaks

Every year the draft has a number of players who have incredible "numbers". Those that have good/great size for their position as well as high speed, strength, agility, etc. are the freaks. These are the boom or bust players. If they have the numbers and played well in college they usually succeed in the pros. But some teams become enamored with the number guys whose production in college was limited. If taken high - the Raiders are known to do that - they often become busts.

This years freaks don't have the extreme numbers as most years, but here are a few:

Logan Thomas qb
    Mike Evans wr
    Martavis Bryant wr
    Donte Moncrief wr
    Jeff Janis wr
    Eric Ebron te
    Greg Robinson ot
    Jadeveon Clowney de
    Aaron Donald dt (okay, he's on the small side so I cheated)
    Christian Jones lb
    Khalil Mack lb
    Ryan Shazier lb
    Justin Gilbert cb

So, who did I miss?

Brandon Thomas - 35 inch arms and 35 reps with 225 lbs
    Russell Bodine C - NC State - 42 reps in the with 225 lbs
    Brandon Cooks - runs faster - jumps higher and has more reps than Tavon Austin from last year. Also caught many more balls.
    Howard Jones, OLB/DE, Shepherd - 35 sacks - 40.5 inch vertical
    Dri Archer - RB Kent State - 4.26 forty and 39 inch vertical - with 21 reps on the bench press

Dri Archer - RB Kent State - 4.26 forty and 39 inch vertical - with 21 reps on the bench press

When does this guy get drafted
    Pat Bowlen Best owner in sports

Quote Originally Posted by Nflbronco View Post

When does this guy get drafted
    my prescription for you is to - draft one speed freak and get some good rest.

I don't know where is going to get drafted, but he is just 170 lbs - if that.

Crooks and Archer are great examples.

I think Deone Bucannon is a bit of a freak... He see it he hits it. Reminds me a bit of Bob Sanders who was a gfreak in the NFL.. I hope he stays healthier... Always concerned about those guys who aren't afraid to give up their body with every hit.
    They say that love is more important than money, but have you ever tried to pay your bills with a hug?

I'd love to get Archer.
    There is a time to laugh and a time not to laugh, and this is not one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Draft Crazy View Post
    Crooks and Archer are great examples.

I think Deone Bucannon is a bit of a freak... He see it he hits it. Reminds me a bit of Bob Sanders who was a gfreak in the NFL.. I hope he stays healthier... Always concerned about those guys who aren't afraid to give up their body with every hit.
    Article this am with Jake Plummer saying Bucannon would be a good selection at 31.

Jake Plummer - goes silent for 6 years and all of a sudden he's got something to say about everything.

Dri ARcher as the new Sproles would be very nice.

Quote Originally Posted by SpringStein View Post
    Article this am with Jake Plummer saying Bucannon would be a good selection at 31.
    I've fallen in love with Bucananon since after the Stanford game this year. He's the truth. Guy reminds me a bit of Brian Dawkins, but more speed.
    They say that love is more important than money, but have you ever tried to pay your bills with a hug?

I guess I'm the only guy here impressed Brandon Thomas did 35 Bench reps with 35" arms, but wow that man has freakish upper body strength - because of this freakishness - and because he had the regretable ACL - I think he is the perfect project for the Broncos to get into their SC programs. He is the kind of guy who will continue to drop in this draft because - every round someone in the draft room is thinking he would rather have a body that can play right now than one who can play later.

One guy in that regard I'm really interesting in seeing play is Marcus Lattimore this season. I'm rooting for him too (except in next year's Super Bowl).

No, you're not the only one impressed with Brandon Thomas. :-)

But he is an injured OL so who cares about him? ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Draft Crazy View Post
    No, you're not the only one impressed with Brandon Thomas. :-)

But he is an injured OL so who cares about him? ;)
    He has this amazing upper body - if you get him now - your SC guys can sculpt him a true NFL lineman's lower body - and then you have superman playing on your Oline - maybe in time for the playoffs.

DC - BOX = Nothing Escapes. ;)