Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    People here obvouisly did not watch a lot of Tampa Bay football if they thought Glennon should be handed the starter spot. He was not good last year. Tampa had the 3rd worst offense in football and was dead last in passing yards despite playing in an offense that had some decent pieces on it including on the of best mid/deep ball WR's in the game in Jackson.

Glennon's stats hold up to quick eye ball test overall only because of the conservative approach Tampa took early in games. When they eventually fell behind and had to rely on the passing game to put points on the board, Glennon was flat out awful. That alone is what cost him his job. He fell apart almost all the time as the game wore on and more and more was asked of him.

On paper Jackson and McCown look like a match made in heaven with how McCown was able to utilize Jeffries last year. Jackson wont make the same amount of jaw-dropping amazing catches that Jeffries made last year but at least McCown is going to give him the chance to make some of those catches.

Not saying Glennon should be a thrown away or anything but what he showed last year makes it look really unlikely that he will eventually be an average starter for anyone.
    Last edited by ducky; 05-08-2014 at 05:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Iggloo View Post

Am I missing something here?

Well, there is the part about Lovie not having any idea what a functional offense looks like or how to choose between quarterbacks.
    The word "hero" is frequently abused badly. This is a real hero.

Look up Freeman, Josh. There's your answer.
    6 Footers For Bogey Really Suck

Quote Originally Posted by itiswhatitis View Post
    lovie also hates offense.
    ftfy.

Yeah, Lovie is high.

I don't get it either, I saw Glennon look solid against my Hawks at Quest.

Well I saw some tweets last night saying Lovie has now backtracked and was calling Glennon his Qb of the future to reporters. So maybe he has come to his senses--or the trade offers didn''t come in as hoped.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkdawg View Post
    Yeah, Lovie is high.

I don't get it either, I saw Glennon look solid against my Hawks at Quest.
    More than solid really. This doesn't make sense. Maybe he's not gonna be a great, but he hasn't given you any reason to give up on him either unless you really hate immobile QBs. Even then... not really a great reason.
    "There were many ways of not burdening one's conscience, of shunning responsibility, looking away, keeping mum. When the unspeakable truth of the holocaust then became known at the end of the war, all too many of us claimed that they had not known anything about it or even suspected anything."

- Richard Von Weizsaecker

Quote Originally Posted by Iggloo View Post
    Well I saw some tweets last night saying Lovie has now backtracked and was calling Glennon his Qb of the future to reporters. So maybe he has come to his senses--or the trade offers didn''t come in as hoped.
    Talk is just that...talk. But Lovie is now calling Glennon their QB of the future.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...-of-the-future

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12