Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Deano View Post
    I'd rather snag Mettenberg ? From LSU in round 4-5.
    Yeah you and 32 GMs. Mettenberger is probably a high 2nd round pick, wouldn't be too shocked to see a team trade back into the first for him.

I've been a Foles guy since day 1, but if Chip thinks he's a product of the system and that Manziel can do the same with his added evasiveness and playmaking ability then I guess I'd be on board.

Quote Originally Posted by Birds4life81 View Post
    Yeah you and 32 GMs. Mettenberger is probably a high 2nd round pick, wouldn't be too shocked to see a team trade back into the first for him.
    Not after an injury that knocked him out of his public workouts. He will fall, possibly to this fourth round.
    Chip is the man!

Quote Originally Posted by Deano View Post
    Not after an injury that knocked him out of his public workouts. He will fall, possibly to this fourth round.
    Betcha he doesn't get out the 2nd round.

Quote Originally Posted by Birds4life81 View Post
    I'm not god, but I know I'm right!
    Well done!

I'm sure someone will enjoy the first three or four games of Manziels career, but the schemes will be out shortly after that and someone in the 250-310 range will get a lick on him.

There is a good Grantland article on Manziel and Saban's attempts to design schemes to stop him (for some reason I can't find it now). Saban is one of, if not the best, defensive football tacticians alive, and Manziel absolutely ate him alive for lunch twice. Saban didn't know WTF to do by the end of both games.

I think Manziel is a slam dunk great QB in the NFL and if Chip gets him, I am completely on board.

Quote Originally Posted by WCPhan View Post
    Well done!

I'm sure someone will enjoy the first three or four games of Manziels career, but the schemes will be out shortly after that and someone in the 250-310 range will get a lick on him.
    The one thing he does have over his similarly frantic QB counterparts is that he can throw it running to both sides pretty effectively. Guys like Vick could always be forced to their bad side enough times to get him to cough the ball up. But yeah he's a playground guy and playground guys get licked by 280 pounders, get their brains scrambled and throw a ball up for grabs just when they shouldn't AKA Mike Vick against the Packers in the playoffs. Not sure why some of you want 6-10 years of that crap.
    Last edited by eaglesnut; 04-28-2014 at 09:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagles Psycho View Post
    There is a good Grantland article on Manziel and Saban's attempts to design schemes to stop him (for some reason I can't find it now). Saban is one of, if not the best, defensive football tacticians alive, and Manziel absolutely ate him alive for lunch twice. Saban didn't know WTF to do by the end of both games.
    Good for Saban who was too arrogant to stop him. LSU owned his bitch ass. Both years.

I think they're just trolling Jerrah...

There is no scenearo where anyone with half a brain will think the Eagles are taking a QB in the first round. Even if Manziel dropped to 22 the Eagles will not take him. They will just trade the pick to someone who will be stupid enough to think he is a steal.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12