Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by MKHawk View Post
    If the Seahawks had a say in the schedule, I'd give the idea more credence. But the NFL isn't going to take 20,000 people, or even double that into account when setting the schedule.

I call BS, they will take all factors into account. They are all about money, the media is one source of revenue so are the 60+ thousand fans per stadium. Will the NFL be 100% accommodating, He11 no. But teams do put in request and concerns when it comes to scheduling. Request of certain effects schedules have on the paying customers, requests to not schedule a game at the same time the Mariners are playing a home game etc. They are not going to jeopardize half of a teams season ticket holder base, just like they won't jeopardize their commitment to the networks..
    You can't be the best unless you can beat the best

Quote Originally Posted by Warden View Post
    I call BS, they will take all factors into account. They are all about money, the media is one source of revenue so are the 60+ thousand fans per stadium. Will the NFL be 100% accommodating, He11 no. But teams do put in request and concerns when it comes to scheduling. Request of certain effects schedules have on the paying customers, requests to not schedule a game at the same time the Mariners are playing a home game etc. They are not going to jeopardize half of a teams season ticket holder base, just like they won't jeopardize their commitment to the networks..
    Most teams have fans coming from far out though. Seattle isn't unique in that regard.

JMR is offline defender of the high life
    I don't think there are 20,000 season ticket holders from Canada. I also don't think mailing address of STHs have anything to do with setting our schedule.

Man these tools who call in to the John Clayton show drive me nuts.
    U MAD BRO??

Quote Originally Posted by JMR View Post
    I don't think there are 20,000 season ticket holders from Canada. .

When I was a season ticket holder in the Kingdome my rep told me that 10,000 of the 35,000 season tickets where told to Canada. So now I hear Baldwin saying 20,000 are sold to Canadians, hmmm out of 63,000 pretty similar ratio. I would tend to believe that they gave Baldwin some fairly accurate numbers to work with. Probably in the ball park
    You can't be the best unless you can beat the best

JMR is offline defender of the high life
    Quote Originally Posted by Warden View Post
    When I was a season ticket holder in the Kingdome my rep told me that 10,000 of the 35,000 season tickets where told to Canada. So now I hear Baldwin saying 20,000 are sold to Canadians, hmmm out of 63,000 pretty similar ratio. I would tend to believe that they gave Baldwin some fairly accurate numbers to work with. Probably in the ball park
    Sounds pretty high to me still. Maybe a good question for my account manager.
    U MAD BRO??

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123