What's New Pussycat?

I feel like we are all running the Boston Marathon with the draft at the finish line.

I was thinking - one of the things the Broncos have been famous for - and really famous for - is changing the offense - overhauling it on the fly one year - mind melding it with Peyton Manning the next - Record breaking passing game this past season. If Franklin is moving inside - it suggests to me that the Broncos might be contructing a power running offense. An offense that can run consistantly 3 times in a row for a first down. One that can protect a lead at the end of the game with its pure physicality. One that will set up Peyton Manning on the playfake in the best possible fashion. The play fake being the best quarterback protector known to the game of football and here Peyton Manning has it in his bag of tricks as one of his huge strengths - not used to its maximum in his Bronco career (maybe never in his career). That would be the kind of Offense John Elway had for his two Super Bowls seasons (thank you very kindly Terrell Davis) - why wouldn't he want that for Peyton Manning?

I'm expecting an OT and a RB in the first 4 rounds - possibly the Broncos trading both down and up in this draft to hit a couple of guys in the 35-49 draft spots. They don't need Super Stars on this team, but they always need fresh legs and young talent.

I wonder why Alex Gibbs left...

I am hoping for more huddling or a new way to get plays in teams were on to our play calling way to often after Indy showed the rest how to do it then SD also was showing the rest of the league again.. Seattle took it to new hights when they took our OG we got from them that quit us .. there is no doubt In my mind that cost us the indy game and also the SD game... then made the Last SD way to close. I am positive the Seahawks knew 90% 0f our plays by our hand signals. in the NFL if a team knows all you plays the game is over ..D will snuff out the O every time if they know were the football is going .it is just to darn easy.

We should huddle when things like this happen we did the first year and the O started to pep up ..

Besides if you are right Mingo ..huddling up and eating clock is a good thing..

I still like no huddle but there needs to some change because Seattle is not that much better than us.. if we lost with there being a close game I would bye that.

I do think you will see more huddles- if the Broncos reinvent their offense the way I described it above.

I think huddling up is cool.
    They say that love is more important than money, but have you ever tried to pay your bills with a hug?

Quote Originally Posted by Draft Crazy View Post
    I think huddling up is cool.
    In a homo-erotic kind of way?

That is why My avatar has us in a huddle .... I want you to get use to it before the season starts...

I would try a few things to see if I could get the O going with the no huddle but I would not get to stuck with it .. Conventional Playing the first year is how we started some of that 13 game winning steak 2 years ago .

I got Tom Jones Syndrome from reading this thread.

I thought it was rare for this to occur...turns out it's not unusual.
    "I will punch you." - Wounded Bear

Quote Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
    I got Tom Jones Syndrome from reading this thread.

I thought it was rare for this to occur...turns out it's not unusual.
    With Mingo in this house, we never know what syndromes may appear!

We will have to judge DC's response to my question by his silence on the subject. But, as long as Underdog got titilated - we are all good.

This was brilliant Mingo - thanks for the insight. It sure is nice to know what the Broncos are going to do for once.

Another point - if Fanklin is moving to LG - there will likely be less of a Broncos reliance on pulling guards.

I read somewhere the Broncos were 8th from the bottom in the league for the backs getting hit behind the line of scrimmage.

I agree with underdog. I have a craving for more Tom jones...

And oddly, more cowbell.
    There is a time to laugh and a time not to laugh, and this is not one of them.

Anf if LGM wants more cowbell, we should probably give him more cowbell!
    "I will punch you." - Wounded Bear

Broncos | Mike Farrell released
    Thu, 24 Apr 2014 07:25:13 -0700
    The Denver Broncos released OT Mike Farrell.

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl#ixzz2zppUoa9c

Cowbell ... at its best

My happiness is not the means to any end. It is the end. It is its own goal. It is its own purpose.
    ― Ayn Rand, Anthem

Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.
    ― Oscar Wilde

And by the stream there cometh up on its edge, every kind of fruit-tree whose leaf fadeth not; and its fruits hath been for food, and its leaf for medicine.

- Ezekiel 47:12