Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by janos_51 View Post
    This. Especially the bolded.

I can clean and organize a room and there won't be a single thing out of place or one spot I didn't clean because I methodically do every aspect in the fastest way possible. My wife will flutter around the house fluffing and stuffing and create as much clutter as she is supposedly cleaning.

But I have no qualms admitting that I take it easy on the weekend. I work a physically demanding job, and I'm damn sure getting a break on the weekend.
    I think it is because a lot of guys will plan out in their heads a bunch of actions ahead and so there is not much wasted movement or time, very efficient. Not sure that others do the same thing.
    Fear is the mind killer

The difference between my wife and I is in acceptable standards. She looks around the house and says the floors need to be vacuumed or the house needs dusting, and I look around the house and say that we can go another week or more before it gets to a tipping point that requires me to do that chore.
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be."
    -Kurt Vonnegut "Mother Night"

Quote Originally Posted by Fandango View Post
    The difference between my wife and I is in acceptable standards. She looks around the house and says the floors need to be vacuumed or the house needs dusting, and I look around the house and say that we can go another week or more before it gets to a tipping point that requires me to do that chore.
    This.

not to mention, she discovers that sh!t needs to be done just before we leave. WTF?
    "Stop doing the wrong things. Stop promoting competition and choice as answers to the very inequality that was created by competition and choice."
    ~ Diane Ravitch, Reign of Error

On the whole (obviously there is a spectrum), females just think they don't leisure as much because they don't count all their leisure activities (like endless talking) as a leisure activity. So they report it that way. Males actually have things that they've clearly defined as leisure.

Quote Originally Posted by Fandango View Post
    LMAO!!!

I do all the upkeep around the house...daily stuff like dusting, wiping down the counters, cooking meals, etc...

Wifey does fall and spring cleaning....basically she says the house is dirty...and gets down on her knees and starts scrubbing ****....and by nightfall...she realizes that she bit off more than she could chew...then stops. And it drives me crazy because **** ain't done....so I finish it up....I think she knows my OCD will just drive me to finish her work...
    "I would not join any club that would have someone like me for a member." - Groucho Marx

I am so happy to read that all the things mentioned in this thread are not isolated to my house!
    Cherish your children for who they are, not who you'd like them to be.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12